Chapter 11

Cami stayed quiet for a moment. She kept closing and opening her mouth, trying to process what I had just said.

"You..you like, like her?" she asked. I slowly nodded, not wanting to look at her. But, then she quickly pulled me in for a hug. I rested my chin on her shoulder as she rubbed my back. "That's amazing Nessa," she said quietly. She pulled away, smiling at me.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" she asked.

"Because I didn't even know what I was feeling..I never really liked girls..until I met her," I said. But the truth is, I always liked girls. There was that nervous feeling I always got around a pretty girl. I was just too scared to talk about it. I thought people would push me away if they found out I was bi. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" she asked. There was a silence between us until I finally nodded.

"It's just...I don't know..I just felt something between us. Like..I saw her and everything changed. I felt something Cami. I didn't know what it was. But, it's weird because I just met her. I'm always thinking about her, but I know she's never thinking about me. And we're barely even friends yet..and I'm already jealous over some guy she's talking to," I sighed. I groaned as I fell back on the bed, Cami doing the same.

"Well..first of all. I talk to Mads a lot..and if you think she's not thinking about you..you're very wrong," she smiled at me. I turned on my side to face her and I raised my eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean..Mads does think of you two as friends. Nessa..she really likes you. Maybe not in that way..but she does like you," Cami said.

"Yeah.." I said. Of course I knew that Mads didn't like me. She never would. But, it hurts when you hear it out loud.

"And she's straight too," I laughed.

"You don't know that," Cami blurted out.

I turned to her quickly, as her eyes widened. "Goodnight!" she sprang up from the bed.

"Um..get back here!" I yelled.

"Sorry! Already sleeping!" she yelled from her bedroom. I rolled my eyes as I turned off the lights.

"Thank you for telling me Nessa..I'm always here when you wanna talk," I heard Cami say calmly.

"Thanks Cami," I said. But as I laid there only one thing was on my mind and that was what Cami had said.

You don't know that, she had said. And I couldn't help but smile as I drifted off to sleep.