Chapter 16

Vanessa's POV

"Wake up sleepy head!" I sat up to be met with a pillow slapped across my face.

"What the fuck!" I yelled. I adjusted my eyes to see Cami laughing. "You're an actual ass," I laughed. I jumped out of the bed, tackling Cami onto the floor while hitting her with pillows.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Cami laughed, trying to get me off of her.

"Yeah you better be," I smirked. She rolled her eyes, standing up.

"Sooo..after what happened last night I realized that you needed some cheering up," she smiled.

"Oh no. What is it?" I asked, as I brushed my hair.

"It's a surprise," Cami smiled.

"What the hell," I said.

"What?"

"You freaking wake me up by hitting me in the face with a pillow, but you won't tell me what your little "surprise" is."

"Fineee. Lili, Mads, and I along with you and some of the guys were gonna go on a little roadtrip to a vacation house off the coast for a few days," she smiled.

"Wait..the guys?" I asked.

"You'll meet them soon, they're very nice! Their names are Charles, Cole, KJ, Casey, Drew and Jordan. We met them through acting and other friends. But don't worry-they're very sweet," she said.

"Oh okay cool!" I smiled.

"They'll be here soon to pick us up so get ready! Oh and make sure you look cute!" Cami said, exiting the room.

A few hours later.

We stood outside, as a white, Chevrolet Suburban pulled up. A tall, brown haired guy got out of the driver's seat, along with everyone else inside.

"Hey Cami!" the guy said, giving her a hug.

"Hey Cole!" Cami smiled.

"And you must be Vanessa?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yup."

He shook my hand. "Cool! I'm Cole!"

I was introduced to the rest of the guys. Cami was right, they were all extremely nice. Lili gave Cami and I both hugs. And then there was her.

Madelaine's red hair was half up and half down, along with her makeup being on point. She wore a short, white dress and sandals.

"Hi Cami!" she said, giving Cami a big hug. She then turned to me. I had been dreading seeing her. She was a reminder of why I was done loving people. Because love was never returned. The image of her kissing Travis the other night kept reappearing in my head. The way she had looked at him made my heart ache. The amount of love I saw in her eyes for him hurt me.

"Hi!" she smiled. I smiled, not saying anything. Cami nudged me a little bit indicating 'what are you doing? Say hi!' but i ignored her. After a brief moment of awkward tension, Casey spoke up.

"Let's hit the road then!" he smiled. I walked past Mads with Cami, climbing into the car. But, somehow Cami was able to slide in next to Lili, which meant Mads had to sit next to me.

Fucking wonderful. She sat a little too close to me, smiling nervously at me. Thank god it wasn't quiet in the car though. The guys were making inappropriate jokes and taking stupid selfies, while Lili and Cami were laughing. I turned my head to look out the window, when I felt Mads hand touch my thigh. I turned to see her beautiful face staring at me.

"Hi!" she smiled. And I couldn't help but laugh. Because even though her not loving me back would break my heart forever, that wouldn't change the fact that she was still the cutest bean in the world.

"Hi," I blushed.

"You okay?" she asked. I lied, nodding my head. The image of her kissing Travis kept reappearing in my head. It was so hard for me to look at her, without feeling hurt.

"Okay good," she smiled. She grabbed my hand and rested her head on my shoulder, making my face turn red. I felt someone poke me. I turned my head around to see Cami winking at me. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Mads. The light pouring into the car reflected beautifully off of her face. Her smile and eyes were effortlessly gorgeous. This girl was perfect.

But, she couldn't be mine.

She looked up at me and giggled. "You're cute," she said quietly.

"I know," I laughed. She lightly slapped my arm and rolled her eyes.

We had been in the car for awhile, until we eventually stopped at a small diner. We all piled into a large booth, but before I could sit down I announced that I was going to use the restroom.

"I'll come with you!" Mads said, standing up.

"Okay," I said. Cami smirked at me and then turned her attention back towards her menu. Mads and I walked into the bathroom, me washing my hands and Mads entering a stall. She left her phone on the sink counter next to me. As I dried off my hands, I heard her phone buzz.

"Who's the text from?" Mads asked. I looked at her phone and then her messages. And I felt my entire world stop.

Travis: hey cutie, imy! How's everything?

My hands formed into fists as I stayed silent.

"Nessa..what does it say?" Mads asked.

"It's from Travis..he says he misses you," I said quietly. Mads exited the stall and began to wash her hands.

"Awww! That's so cute!" she smiled.

I set the phone down on the counter and fakely smiled.

"Nessa..what's wrong?" Mads asked, noticing how upset I looked.

"I'm fine," I said. I was on the verge of crying or screaming.

"Talk to me," Mads said. She dried her hands and was now standing in front of me, extremely close. She rested her hand on my face, making my heart flutter. But, she didn't understand how little things like this made me feel. To her it meant nothing. To me..it meant everything. But, I was done with loving someone that would never feel the same.

I moved away from her, shaking my head. "You will never understand," I said as I fought back the tears. I ran out of the restroom quickly, my head down. I slid into the booth, next to Cami.

"Hey are you okay?" KJ asked. The entire group was staring at me.

"I am fine," I said. I turned to Cami who was staring at me worriedly. Mads eventually came back to the table, avoiding eye contact with me. She sat down next to Lili, while everyone stared at us. I nervously looked down.

"Okay..um are you guys ready to order?" Cami asked, trying to break the awkward silence. As the waiter took our orders, Cami whispered into my ear.

"We need to talk after this," she said. I nodded at her. She put her arm around me, trying to comfort me. I finally looked up, my eyes to be met with Mads. She looked hurt and confused, but she wasn't as hurt as I was.

She could never be as hurt as me in this situation.