Chapter 13

Vanessa's POV

I got back from Mads apartment, setting the keys on the table.

"Soooo...how was Mads?" Cami asked, smirking. She was in the middle of watching Keeping up With the Kardashians and eating ice cream.

"Thanks for waiting for me," I said sarcastically, sitting down on the couch.

"You took forever," she smiled.

"She was sick," I said.

"Oh..is she okay?" Cami asked, looking concerned now.

"Yeah..she's fine," I said quietly.

"Are you okay?" she finally asked me.

"Yeah..I'm fine," I replied.

"No you're not," she set down her ice cream bowl and paused the TV. She got up from her seat and sat down next to me.

"Talk to me, come on..." she pleaded. I looked at her desperate eyes and gave in.

"It's just..she means a lot to me Cami. I realized something today..when I was taking care of her.." I quietly said. Cami stared at me, waiting for me to finish my sentence.

"I'm..I'm in love with her," I finally said. And that's when I felt it.

The tears strolling down my cheeks. The pain I was letting out, knowing that she would never feel the same way.

"Aww Nessa," Cami said. She scooted closer to me, pulling me into her arms. I hugged her back, burying my head into her neck. As I continued to sob, she stroked my back trying to calm me down.

"You need to tell her," she finally said.

"You're crazy," I sniffled. But, she shook her head.

"You need to Nessa. And you know it," she said.

I sat there still and quiet. I never planned on telling Mads anything. I kept wanting to think of this as a stupid crush..but to me, it was much more than a "crush". It was real love. I never felt this way about anything. Not even Michael.

"Cami..she doesn't feel the same way," I sighed. Cami looked down.

"It'll never work..she's probably dating that guy named Travis now. There's no point," I said.

"Hey..don't say that," she smiled.

"Why not? She's straight as fuck Cami! Just say it..she's never going to love me!" I cried. I stood up and grabbed my coat and shoes.

"Vanessa! Where are you going?" she yelled. But, I ignored her. I opened the door and slammed it, walking out. I headed outside and walked down the street. I kept walking.

And walking. It felt like I had been walking forever. My head hurt and my feet ached. But, nothing hurt more than my heart.

At this point I didn't even know where I was. I was in a fancy neighborhood with apartment buildings and busy restaurants and shops. One restaurant caught my eye. As I passed it, I observed the happy couples and lights inside. But, then I felt my heart stop beating.

Because in a booth, sat Madelaine and Travis. They were together. They were holding hands. And in this very moment they were kissing.

Don't even be surprised Vanessa. You knew you were going to get your heart hurt liking a straight girl.

I single tear rolled down my cheek and I kept walking. Not even having an urge to turn back.

-currently very depressed and upset so i usually write how i feel (so i'm sorry if this is kinda depressing)