Chapter 15

Madelaine's POV

"Ever since I met Nessa..something's changed," I said nervously.

"What do you mean?" Cami asked.

"I've never looked at a girl this way Cami. Like..I'm thinking about her way more than I should. I get overly happy when she texts me. I love the way she smiles and laughs. I'm always happy knowing that she's happy. But, I don't know what any of this means," I said.

"Mads..do you like her?"

"No, I could never like a girl! I never have, I can't even picture myself with one," I lied. I've always thought about what it would be like to hold hands with Nessa..walking down the street..and staring into one another's eyes. It was the perfect fantasy.

"Listen. I know when you're lying. It's hella obvious. Mads..just be honest with me."

"Okay..." I said nervously. I knew I could trust Cami. I just didn't know if I was ready to tell anyone yet. But, I had to at some point.

"I..I think I like Vanessa," I said nervously. Those four words left my mouth. And part of me felt complete. Because I admitted something that I thought I never could.

"I'm proud of you Mads. Thank you for telling me, seriously I am actually so proud of you," Cami smiled.

I nodded, but quickly frowned. "I mean I still don't know what I'm feeling. I've never had any sort of experience with a girl..but I've always been curious. And everyone always says that "you have to have an experience in order to confirm your sexuality"..but I don't need to. When I see Vanessa, when I hear her, when she hugs me..I know that she makes me feel and think things," I said quietly. The thing is..what I said was true. Most people say that you have to kiss a girl or do "something" with a girl in order to confirm whether or not your straight.

But, I knew what I was. And that was that I liked Vanessa. There I said it.

I really like Vanessa.

"I understand you Mads. I really do. Just don't stress about it, because everything will be fine," Cami smiled.

"Cami..she doesn't like me back. I'm just gonna accept it," I sadly shrugged.

"Trust me..everything will work out," Cami winked.

"Um..and how would you know?" I asked, now curious.

She shrugged, still smiling. She was obviously hiding something.

"Cami..tell me," I said.

"Oh I gotta go..I'll talk to you later. Love you!" and she hung up. I smiled, rolling my eyes, and falling back onto the bed pillows behind me. But, as much as I should be unhappy that she didn't tell me..I was glad at the same time.

Because she was hiding something about Vanessa. And it related to me.

Which meant I had something good to think about. I smiled brightly, looking up at the ceiling hoping that something would finally work out in my messed up life.