Fifteen

Selena continued to mumble and groan but she didn't attempt to remove the metal pole from her chest. Honey Eyes straightened up before casting his gaze towards me. He smiled sweetly before turning towards the gas station doors and walking straight through them.

Something about him seemed so familiar but I just couldn't think of what it was. Sage's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, moving towards the counter to pick up the bag of food.

"At least we're not dead." Fabian sighed as his shoulders clicked into place, quickly pulling on his clothes.

I shook my head in an attempt to clear it before scrambling after Honey Eyes. I needed answers. He knew me. He knew my brothers. He knew exactly where Gabriel was. I grabbed his shoulder when I caught up, pulling him back to face me.

"How do you know me?" I questioned. "How do you know Gabriel? And the others?"

Honey Eyes smiled again before answering. "I've been watching over you and your brothers for quite some time now."

"That doesn't make you sound like a stalker at all," I replied deadpan.

"It does," Honey Eyes agreed. "But that wasn't the intention. Someone had to keep track of the five of you and make sure you were safe."

"You've been watching me since the day I was born?" I asked.

"Yes. You and your brothers."

"So you let me live on the streets," I stated.

A small flame of anger flared up in his eyes. "I'm sorry that you were placed into that situation Cassiel." He countered. "But I will not apologise for abandoning you to save Michael."

"Save Michael? Why would Michael need saving?"

"You were not the only one who was left to die, Cassiel." Honey Eyes answered, an icy tone in his voice. "If you, a thirteen-month-old baby, were left in a box outside of a homeless shelter, what do you think would have happened to your brothers? They are werewolves and they were not as young as you when they were abandoned."

"You're saying that they've gone through worse?" I asked, not quite believing it.

"I managed to get to Michael and Gabriel before anything too horrible could happen to them." He replied, the ice in his voice and fire in his eyes leaving him. "Nathaniel was not so lucky."

"And Raziel?"

Honey Eyes drifted his gaze to the cold concrete. He let out a heavy sigh that conveyed some sort of pain. Like he actually cared what happened to us.

"He's alive." He said, finally looking back at me. "But I haven't been able to locate him since he was nine. He's being kept hidden. Safe."

"From what?" I questioned.

"Everyone and everything that wants you and your brothers to die, who don't want this prophecy to be completed." He replied.

I took a moment to let all of this information to sink in. I glanced over my shoulder to see Sage and Fabian standing behind me. Sage looked ticked off. Fabian was deep in thought.

"And if you're wondering why I look familiar, it's probably just the spell wearing off."

"Spell?" Sage questioned, getting angrier.

"I cast a spell on Cassiel the last time we met that erased all of the memories he had of me." Honey Eyes supplied. "That's how he got his name."

"You named Cas?" Fabian chimed in.

"Hypothetically." Honey Eyes shrugged. "His parents didn't realise that their children were apart of the prophecy until Raziel was born. Cassiel was too young to know his name so I just cast a few spells and whatnot to speed up the inevitable."

"Inevitable?" Sage questioned, the anger was practically seeping out of his pores.

"It's a prophecy." Honey Eyes chided. "Someone was going to name him Cassiel, whether it be a random stranger in a shelter or your mother."

"That's enough prophecy talk." Fabian groaned. "My head is starting to hurt. What's your name? None of us rude assholes has asked?"

Honey Eyes chuckled softly, shaking his head. "I like you. It obviously wasn't a coincidence that you and Cassiel became friends."

"I'm starting to think so too." Fabian grinned. "So? Your name?"

"Right!" Honey Eyes laughed. "It's Tiberius." He paused for a moment. "Freed?"

"You don't seem too sure about your last name." Sage leered.

"Yeah, that tends to happen when you're nearly seven hundred years old." Tiberius grinned. "You don't really have much of a reason to use it."

Fabian's jaw dropped. Mine wasn't far behind. Neither of us had met someone so old. Well, maybe Fabian. He knew a lot of vampires.

"What even are you?" Fabian gaped. "First you turn a gun into dust, then you throw a vampire across the room, and finally you stab a pole through her stomach and straight into the floor!"

"It's really not that impressive," Sage grumbled under his breath.

"Shut up, yes it is!" Fabian snapped.

Tiberius just laughed at the boys' antics. "First off, Cassiel pick your jaw up, you're not a guppy. Secondly, I'm a witch. Or warlock. Whichever you want to call me."

Fabian grew even more excited if that was even possible. He continued to talk a mile a minute as Tiberius just rolled his eyes and smiled. He waved his hand and Fabian fell silent. I looked at him and his mouth was moving but nothing was coming out.

"We have to move." Tiberius grinned. "Dorian and his blood bags will be here soon to figure out why Selena hasn't checked in."

"We have to get moving?" I asked. "You're coming with us?"

"Of course. I haven't seen Michael in years and I want to see this thing through." Tiberius smiled. "Plus it's late and I'm guessing you kids are tired. So we'll head back to mine and you can get some rest."

Tiberius waved his hand again and Fabian's voice was back in full force. Tiberius just laughed again. I took the keys from Sage and handed them to Tiberius. I couldn't see a car anywhere and I was seriously considering cracking some Harry Potter jokes.

"Could you shut Fabian up?" Sage groaned. "I think my head is about to explode."

"Fight me, Sage."

"Gladly"

"No fighting! Please, no fighting! You just stopped fighting!"

"If you all don't shut up I will feed you to Selena."

"That's not necessary."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, gals and fridges!

I'm so sorry that this is two weeks late! I've just been so caught up in all of the stuff that's been happening at home. And then Wattpad kept deleting the chapters I'd written so I had to just smash it all out in one go but then it wouldn't publish so I just left me Wattpad alone for a few days and it fixed itself.

Speaking of Wattpad being an asshole, who else isn't a fan of the new update? I don't mind it that much but I'm following a lot of people so it's really annoying to leave Wattpad for a few days and then come back to 1000+ notifications.

I also update on Mondays instead of Sundays now. Just to give myself some extra time to fix anything or change some stuff around.

Anyways, thank you so much for 547 reads and 116 votes! It means a hell of a lot! The number of reads I've had lately has increased and its great to know that people actually wanna read this shitty book full of shitty writing and a fuck ton of gay people.

Thanks for wasting your time on me!

~Daxton🌈