Twenty Seven

It all just seemed to go on forever. The broken stairs leading up to the porch appeared to extend beyond God knows where. It was becoming increasingly harder to set foot on the first step. I could feel the eyes staring holes into my back, impatiently waiting for me to walk up the steps. I just couldn't do it. No amount of encouraging words or reassuring back pats could force me to walk up those stairs.

That was until a pair of light navy blue eyes caught my attention. The front door was wide open as a figure stood in the doorway. A gentle smirk played on his lips as he huffed out a laugh. "Your time management skills could use some work, Cassiel." He commented, still smirking. "But at least you made it."

"Y-yeah." I stuttered as I cleared my throat.

"Nervous?"

"A little."

"Come on in." He gestured. "I don't bite."

I couldn't help the small smile that flashed across my face as I followed him up the stairs and into the house. I heard the door close gently behind me as I took in my surroundings. There was some paint peeling off the walls but other than that, the place looked well kept. Lived in.

"How long have you been here?" I questioned, turning to Michael.

"A few years now I think." His eyebrows pulling together in thought. "Long enough to know that this place is a shithole."

I snorted at his word choice and walked through a door to my right. I ended up in a living room with mismatched couches, a stained rug, and shitty wallpaper.

"No kidding." I laughed quietly. "The basement we were stuck a few days ago had more class than this."

"Basement?" Michael asked, his face scrunched up in confusion. "Were you kidnapped or something?"

"Held hostage by a Fae." I shrugged.

"Seems fair."

We fell silent for a moment, Michael shuffling towards one of the couches and gently dropping himself down onto the cushions. He glanced up at me and motioned for me to sit.

"So, I've found you." I started as I took a seat on the couch across from Michael. "Who's next?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? Aren't you supposed to?"

"I haven't had a vision yet." He clarified. "And even if I had we wouldn't be going straight away."

"Why not."

Michael sighed. "Your friend is hurt. I could smell the blood before you even pulled up the driveway. You need to take care of them, get them home."

I nodded my head slowly, agreeing. I did need to get Dayna home as soon as possible. "What about you?"

"What about me?" He questioned.

"I don't think my friends would be too happy about driving all the way back to California without you. I wouldn't be happy about leaving you here."

Michael laughed slightly. "You saw my bike out front, Cassiel, I'm more than willing to follow you. You are going to be my Alpha after all."

"Right." I huffed. "I keep forgetting that I'm supposed to become a werewolf. And be an Alpha. I mean, the fact that I have four brothers is still sinking in."

"I can't believe your actually here," Michael answered softly. "You were so small the last time I saw you and now you're not."

He looked as if he might cry. I could only imagine what he had been through over the last eighteen years. And as eager as I was to find out, I knew I would have to wait until he was ready to tell me. If he ever was that is.

"Cas," I spoke after a moment.

"What?"

"I don't normally get called Cassiel unless I'm in trouble, so I go by Cas," I explained.

"Okay, but don't start calling me Mikey." He warned. "Or I might just have to kill you."

"I'll keep that in mind."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, gals and fridges!

So this book is finally finished! Next Monday I'll be posting the first chapter for Raised By Humans, so keep an eye out for it!

I also wanted to quickly say thank you to QueenFlawsome for listening to me complain whenever I discovered a spelling mistake that I made that I should have spotted easily, pointing out my spelling mistakes, and helping me construct the basic storyline when I first started writing the book! It's been fun and awkward watching you fangirl over my book while I'm in the room!

I would also like to thank AgonistNarcotic who recently started reading and has been keeping me entertained with her comments and calling my characters daddy!

And thank you to everyone who has read, voted and commented on this book so far! I know I say this every chapter but it really does mean a lot to me that people read and enjoy my story! I honestly didn't think that this book would get as much attention as it has, even though it's not a lot! Thank you for 2.16k reads and 268 votes!!!!

Thanks for wasting your time on me!

~Daxton🌈