Seventeen

I dragged myself out of the shower and stood in front of the mirror, wrapping a towel around my waist. It was nearing seven in the morning and Fabian had passed out the minute he threw himself on the couch. Tiberius had shuffled around his house while Sage was showering.

He picked up old leather-bound books and placed them on the shelves, washed and dried the dishes despite my protests that I would do them, and set out a pillow and blanket for Fabian, all while singing Bye Bye Bye by NSYNC. He couldn't get any weirder. He talked to his cats in different languages and sang songs by boy bands.

I shook my head, clearing the thoughts from my mind. I sighed heavily as I dropped my towel and slid on my boxers and sweatpants. Picking up the towel and hanging it on the rack, I left the bathroom, switching off the light on the way out. Tiberius had closed all of the curtains so his apartment was filled with a dull glow.

Fabian was mumbling in his sleep and I could hear Tiberius playing soft music in his room. I crept down the hallway towards the guest room. Opening the door, I slipped inside, closing it behind me, I moved towards the bed in the middle of the room and fell face first onto it.

"Somebody's tired," Sage observed, yawning.

"It's been a rough couple of days," I replied, turning my head to face him. "It's nice to finally lay down. I don't know how I would have coped with sleeping in the car."

"You'd be grumpy the next day, that much is obvious." He laughed.

I smiled and rolled onto my side, facing Sage. He was on his back, hands behind his head, blue eyes trained to the ceiling. He appeared happy, but I knew him. He wasn't okay with anything that was happening. And to be honest, neither was I.

"I'm going to be okay, Sage," I said softly. "We're going to be okay. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing here but Tiberius does. You can trust him."

"That's not what I'm worried about." He sighed.

"Then what are you worried about?" I asked.

He went quiet, the silent battle in his head showing on his face. He wasn't going to tell me unless I pushed him to. So I pushed.

"Eight years."

Sage twisted his head to look at me, confused. "What?"

"I've known you for eight years," I said simply. "I've been your best friend for eight years and you've been mine. You can tell me anything and I'll listen. I'm not going anywhere."

Sage turned his face back to the ceiling for a minute, considering what I said. He quickly came to a conclusion in his head although he still seemed hesitant to say it out loud. He pulled himself up and spun around, sitting cross-legged across from me.

"Sit up," Sage ordered.

I did, also sitting cross-legged, facing him. Sage took a couple of deep breaths before continuing.

"Hypothetically," He began. "If I were to say I had feelings for you, what would you say? Or do?"

I froze. What?

"Why are you aski-"

Sage interrupted me. "I'm only asking because of what Jaxson, Quinn and Vicki were always saying. That you apparently had 'feelings' for me and making fun of me for liking you despite the fact that I'm supposed to see you as a brother and not as someone that I want to hold hands with and kiss until their IQ drops ten points."

I stopped moving. And thinking. I sat frozen in front of Sage, processing what he'd just said. He wanted all of those things. Despite the fact that he was supposed to see me as a brother. Despite the fact that I wasn't a werewolf. Or his mate.

But did I feel the same way? Did I want him? I was supposed to view him as a brother, I'm human and I'm not his mate. Up until a few days ago, I would have analysed all of those factors. I would have pulled them all apart and stuck them back together until I ran out of glue and duct tape.

"What would you do if I said I felt the same?" I questioned softly. "Would you kiss me until my IQ dropped ten points?"

Sage, who had been staring at his lap, snapped his head up to look at me, eyes wide. He was surprised for all of two seconds before a huge grin crept onto his face. He reached a hand out to clasp the back of my neck. He pulled my head closer to him as he leant in, still grinning. We were inches apart as he spoke.

"Only if you promise not to pull away," Sage whispered.

"No promises," I smirked, my eyes flicking between his eyes and his lips.

He grinned even wider as he pulled me in, crashing our lips together. My hands flew up to his face, pulling him impossibly closer. The hand on the back of my neck disappeared, Sage deciding that my waist was where his hands needed to be.

His teeth scraped my bottom lip and I parted my lips slightly. Sage's tongue slipped into my mouth and the kiss changed. It became fast and needy. He pulled me even closer, so close I was practically sitting on his lap.

He wasn't kidding. Sage really did intend to drop my IQ. And I didn't mind. Not at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, gals and fridges!

So...that...happened...

I'm sorry if it's bad. I'm not that good at writing 'smut' or kiss scenes. Cuddle scenes are just about all I'm good at. Because...ya know...cuddles...

I know I was supposed to update last Monday but I was busy with school. If I can get my shit together you might get another chapter today. We'll see.

I've also planned out the rest of the book. I know how this book is going to end and what happens in between. The book is going to end at chapter 27 but it could be longer if I decide to add anything or it could be shorter if I decide to remove anything.

It was going to end at chapter 30 but I was told to leave it on a cliffhanger. And there is going to be another book as this is a series. I'll let you know when that will be popping up on my profile.

Anyways, thank you so much for 662 reads and 135 votes! It really does mean a lot.

Thanks for wasting your time on me!

~Daxton🌈