Twenty

My eyes flew open as I gasped for air. There was a tight feeling in my chest as if I hadn't been breathing for a while and the ringing in my ears was deafening. Fabian appeared in front of me, his eyes teary and full of relief. Sage crouched down next to him, a similar expression plastered on his face.

Sage was speaking but I couldn't hear a word of what he was saying. Fabian turned away from me, talking to someone in the room. My breathing stuttered every few seconds or so as I tried to calm myself down. My mind kept drifting back to what I had seen, but I just shoved it away, not wanting to relive it. The ringing began to subside, the voices in the room fading in.

"I don't think he can hear us." Fabian choked out.

"He might be suffering some side effects of having a vision." Zarriah frowned. "I'm assuming that that's what happened."

"Cas?" Sage called softly. "You with us?'

"Ye-yeah." I stuttered out.

Tiberius walked towards me, pulling Fabian and Sage away. "Give me some room."

"What for?" Fabian panicked. "He's awake."

"I want to check his subconscious," Tiberius replied gently. "To make sure he's actually all here and none of him is stuck in a place you don't want to know about."

Tiberius leant down and gently cupped my face. Warmth radiated from his palms as his eyes began to glow a deep purple. My mind felt at ease as he looked through my head and my body relaxed back into the couch. I'd almost fallen asleep when Tiberius suddenly recoiled from me, possibly afraid.

That's when I remembered Dayna. The blood that covered not only Dayna but the walls surrounding her. The way her chest stuttered as she struggled to breathe. The bloodstained sheets that sat in the corner seemed to hold much more than blood.

The sound of Tiberius' voice dragged me out of my head. "That was her, wasn't it? Dayna, I mean."

"Yeah," I whispered. "That was her."

"He had a vision about Dayna?" Sage piped up. "Is she okay? Where is she?"

I couldn't speak and Tiberius wouldn't speak for me. I just held out my arms as my lips trembled and the tears fell. Sage's face softened as he raced towards me, comforting me the only way he knew how. Dayna was family and it would kill Sage to see her like that, let alone know about it. But I couldn't keep it from him either.

"She's hurt." I choked out. "Really bad."

"You can't go to her," Tiberius stated.

I felt Sage tense up, his face full of anger as he pulled away from me and turned to Tiberius. "And why the fuck not?"

"Because it would mean putting Cas in danger," Tiberius explained gently. "That vision wasn't natural, meaning somebody forced him to have it. Someone wants him to find Dayna, try and rescue her. It could get him killed."

"But this is Dayna we're talking about!" Sage exclaimed. "She's like my sister! She's pack! I can't just leave her!"

"You may not have a choice, Sage." Tiberius fumed. "What Cas is going through is bigger than Dayna. But if you're so insistent on going after her I can't stop you. I just would've thought that Cas meant more to you than that."

The room fell quiet as Sage glared at Tiberius, completely enraged.

"Fuck you." He growled. "You know for a fact Cas means the world to me but so does Dayna. They're both pack and I would do anything for them and right now I have to do everything a can to help Dayna."

"Enough with the fucking dramatics."

All eyes turned to Julius, who had once again situated himself in the doorway.

"I don't say this often, if at all, but I agree with Tiberius." Julius sighed. "Going after your little friend would be both stupid and reckless. But this isn't up to us to decide. Cassiel had the vision, it's his call to make."

All eyes were on me. If I chose to go after Dayna there was a chance someone could get hurt, myself included. We could also end up dead. But this was Dayna. She was family. She helped me whenever I needed her. She laughed with me, cried with me, she treated me like her brother from day one. No matter how annoying or frustrating I got, she never left me. And that meant something.

"We're going."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, gals and fridges!

Long time no see! I've been having some difficulties with Wattpad lately. It keeps deleting chapters from stories and all that jazz but I've fixed it and I'm back. I've also been settling back into school and my routine is now back on track.

I know this is a shorter chapter but I really couldn't think of anything else to write but if you have any ideas, my comments and PM's are always open.

Anyways, thank you so much for 1.15k reads and 164 votes! I still can't believe that I've made it a little over 1000 reads and I'm so grateful that people kept reading even though I was gone for so long.

Thanks for wasting your time on me!

~Daxton🌈