xvi. THE ELEVATOR, DAY ONE

"UGH, PLEASE TELL me the hotel's nearby," Jax said to his brother as they got into the Uber he called to pick the two up

Evan rolled his eyes at the boy's antics, telling the driver the address before settling back down. "Yeah, it should only take twenty-five, thirty minutes depending on traffic."

"Thank God," Jax collapsed back in his seat.

They were silent for the rest of the Uber ride, their driver (thankfully) not asking any questions or trying to make conversation, and the two exited to the hotel that Evan or his manager or whoever set everything up had booked. Honestly, Jax didn't know much about the acting – and singing in the case of his brother – world and how everything worked and he didn't care to really learn. All he knew was that he was going to meet Joe Keery and that was reason enough to tag along to New York.

(Or Nyork as he called it in his last Instagram post.)

"I hope you don't mind us having separate rooms here," Evan told him as they went to the elevators.

Jax snorted, "Why the fuck would I mind my own room? I'd complain more if I had to share one with you again. Those are times I don't wanna relive."

"God to know," Evan responded as the elevator dinged as they passed to another level, "And I hope you know that Roman's going to be at the premier?"

This caused a frown to form on Jax's face, "Mitchell? Like, Oliver's publicist and everything?" Evan nodded, "Why is he gonna be there? And why would I need to know?"

There was a faint pinkness to Evan's cheeks that Jax somehow missed. "Clients and everything, just thought you'd like to know in case he came up to us because Oliver and...yeah."

"Okay..." Jax trailed off, confused about why his brother thought that knowing this bit of information was important, "Well, I hope he's nice."

"He nice," Evan answered with a nod and Jax looked at him, "What? We're...kinda friends now."

Jax looked taken aback, "When the fuck did that happen?"

Evan rolled his eyes, "When Timothée and Oliver were dating the first time. We were at dinner or something and Roman was there so I started talking with him. Rekindled our friendship when Oliver signed with him. He's pretty great actually."

"Cool, I guess," Jax said, not knowing what else to add. The elevator doors opened to the level that the brothers were staying on and they walked together until their paths diverged, "Well, see you later for dinner, I guess."

Evan nodded, "I was thinking pizza, how does that sound?"

"Great actually!" and Jax headed to his room.

authors note
so all the chapters this act are real life ones but they're super short like this because i personally don't like really long ones when i'm reading social media fics. this part is going to be fifteen chapters long and real life fit more for the aspect of this so i hope you'll enjoy what's to come!!!