xxi. SECRETS, DAY SIX

THE TEXT HE got from Evan ended the days long escapades he had with Joe

THE TEXT HE got from Evan ended the days long escapades he had with Joe. He went back to his own place and Jax showered, getting ready to see his brother and when got his brother's door, the boy dragged him inside. "Hey! Calm down, Evan," Jax exclaimed.

"Sorry," Evan apologized but he didn't look very sorry, instead sitting him down.

"Okay, what the hell is going on?" Jax asked him.

Evan huffed as he paced, gripping at his hair, "I – I need to tell you something but I don't really know how and I'm sorry."

Jax looked at him and he laughed, nerves overtaking him, "What are you taking about? What do you need to tell me? Are you okay."

"I'm fine – I'm more than fine, really. It's just, I'm not used to keeping secrets for so long from you," Evan started off, eyeing his brother before turning away.

"What? Is – Is your girlfriend pregnant or something?" Jax asked, eyes widening.

"No, no. I'm not – I don't have a girlfriend, Jax."

"Yes you do. That girl – what's her name? Maddie? I don't know, you don't talk about her much," Jax said.

"I don't talk about her because we're not actually dating. We went on one date to annoy you at Olive Garden and I've just been lying since," Evan confessed.

Jax frowned. That wasn't too bad of a secret. "Okay? That's it? You're single and everything?"

"No, I'm not – I'm seeing someone and you know them, I just. We've been keeping quiet about everything," Evan informed him.

"Look, I don't know any girls that you're friends with other than Lottie and Alice and they're dating each other, so..." Jax trailed off.

Evan laughed, "It's not them. It's not – it's not a girl."

"Wait – you're gay?" Jax exclaimed, eyes widening as he looked at his brother.

"Not gay exactly...but pan, yeah," Evan confessed.

Jax fell back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. "Holy shit," he breathed out.

"Are you – are you okay with this?" Evan asked meekly, "I mean, I know that you're gay and you're okay with me being pan, but it's just – I didn't tell you and now I'm dating a guy and you know him but don't like, know him. You're not close with him and I just, I don't know, I never told you and everything."

"Oh. My. God," he continued on, still in shock at the knowledge that his brother was pansexual and, next, that he got a boyfriend before him – how dare he!

"So, like, I wanted to tell you earlier and everything but I was just, I don't know, scared? And Roman's really patient with me and understands that it's kinda hard to come out and everything and, God, I love him so much," Evan breathed out with a smile, thinking of his boyfriend.

Jax still didn't say anything. He was frozen. His brother loved this guy and, apparently, the guy loved his back – which was great. Lord knows that Jax had so many stories were that wasn't the case. But whatever, he should just be radiating with joy at this but he wasn't. Because he liked Joe – a lot – and the boy didn't like him. It was okay, because his brother was super happy with Roman Mitchell – Roman Mitchell! – and that was great. He needed someone who made him feel happy. After Melissa...it was really bad. So, this was good. It was really good.

But, God, was Jax jealous.