xxiv. EXPERIMENTING, DAY NINE

HIS HANGOVER WAS killing him, the pounding in his head making him want to scream but also keep the silence because screaming would hurt too much

HIS HANGOVER WAS killing him, the pounding in his head making him want to scream but also keep the silence because screaming would hurt too much. Like hitting his head against the wall; he wanted to but that would hurt too much and Jax never had the highest pain tolerance. Really, he cried like a baby at the simplest amount of pain from an injury, so doing anything to make this hurt more would have him curled up in a fetus position waiting for death.

Oh wait, he already was.

But he wasn't on the floor; he was in his bed but he couldn't remember how he got there, blacking out after his third (or was it fourth?) drink. Really, whoever let him get drunk is to blame for this – so that would be Joe. But he also coerced Joe into going out with him, so who cares. It doesn't matter.

There was a soft knock at his door and Jax groaned to himself, tumbling out of bed as softly as he could so that he wouldn't hurt himself anymore. He already felt like he wanted to throw up, but that was just the hangover talking. So, yeah.

He shuffled slowly to the door, his brain exploding in his head every step he took. Opening it, he saw Joe there looking too perfect. How dare he seem so fine after last night while Jax was suffering? "Hey there, princess," Joe whispered to him with a smile on his face.

Again, Jax groaned in his face and he turned around, letting the Keery man into his hotel room.

"How ya feeling?" Joe whispered to him again, making sure to keep a low tone for him. How sweet.

"How do I look?" Jax retorted.

"Like hell," Joe answered him honestly and Jax snorted before grabbing his head. Damn, that was a mistake.

"That's exactly how I feel," the Hollingsworth boy answered him, moving to his bed again.

"I can't say it's a bad look, though," Joe took a seat at the foot of the bed as Jax crawled back under the covers, "It's cute."

"I'm cute? You think I'm cute?" Jax asked him dryly. Normal, not hungover and headache-ridden Jax would be estatic – Joe Keery just called him cute! But this Jax was not having it, he just wanted to sleep the hangover over and maybe throw up if it made him feel better.

Joe nodded, "Yeah. Your hair – it's really messy, but it's a nice look on you. And you're actually not bouncing off the walls."

"I resent that statement," Jax told him, but it was muffled from the covers that he was hiding under, hoping that it would magically get rid of his pain.

There was a small chuckle from Joe. "Don't. Come here," and Joe took the covers and yanked them off the boy, ignoring the yelp that emitted from him.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, wincing as the noise registered. God, that was why too loud.

"Come here," and Joe tugged him up, getting a good look at him. "See, you look cute. Like a kitten."

Jax scowled, "I am not a cat, Joseph Keery."

The man just smiled at him and brought him close. "But you really are," Joe responded.

"Am not," Jax struggled in Joe's arms but he didn't relent at all.

"Are too," Joe told him, "Adorable, loves to snuggle, and hates getting out of bed. And incredibly cute."

"You already said adorable, you can't say cute," Jax told him and Joe rolled his eyes playfully at the boy.

"Who says?"

"Me."

"Well," Joe started, "Does this change your mind?"

He then brought Jax closer to him, leaning in to capture his lips and kiss him for a few seconds. A sweet, small kiss, leaving Jax shocked as all the pain seized and he only could think about the fact that Joe Keery just kissed him.

Joe drew back and smiled at him, enjoying the look on Jax' face. "Well, does it?"