xx. STRANGER THINGS, DAY FIVE

THE FUNNY THING was that even though his best friend was in the show and his really big crush that he's had since he saw the guy, he hadn't seen Stranger Things

        THE FUNNY THING was that even though his best friend was in the show and his really big crush that he's had since he saw the guy, he hadn't seen Stranger Things. Now, don't get him wrong, he's sure it's a good show and that would mean time seeing Steve Harrington – total hottie – but...it doesn't speak to him. He's not a fan of science fiction and, for some reason, the look of one of children just fucking annoys him. It's not their fault, he knows that, but – he's not a fan.

            And, well, Joe doesn't know that. He doesn't know that Jax Hollingsworth – this guy who he knows likes him very, very much – has never actually seen his show. Well, he didn't know that, but now he does – and she's shocked.

            "What?" Joe sputtered out, looking at him with wide eyes, "You've never seen the show? H-How?"

            "Don't look at me like that!" Jax defended himself, lightly lightly the guy who was starting to cackle at him, "I mean, I've known Lottie for years now and everything but...it's not my thing."

            "Not your thing? You're literally obsessed with aliens, MK-Ultra, and just conspiracy theories in general. What do you mean it's not your thing?" Joe asked, raising his voice as he did.

            "Shut up! I just – I don't know," Jax shrugged, "I tried and got through the first episode and I just didn't like it."

            Joe rolled his eyes, "The first episode? At least watch the first few episodes."

            "I was busy that day! I was gonna but then so much was happening and I didn't like it enough to go back and watch more!"

            "I hate you, you're impossible."

            "I'm sure you do," Jax smiled sweetly at him.

            Joe rolled his eyes but then stared at him for a moment. Jax looked away from him with a smile still on his face, not knowing that Joe kept staring at him. But that was okay, he didn't need to know. It was better if he never knew, and never ever came of it. So, Joe turned away and stopped looking at him. It was for the best.