xxvi. OLIVE GARDEN, DAY TWELVE

JOE WAS TAKING him somewhere but wouldn't reveal where exactly they were going even though he complained the whole cab ride

JOE WAS TAKING him somewhere but wouldn't reveal where exactly they were going even though he complained the whole cab ride. Joe just laughed and told him to be patient and that they'll be there soon. Jax didn't believe him.

He especially didn't believe the man when he said that he'd enjoy where they'd be dining that evening (Joe's words, trust him) with a mischievous glint in his eyes. It was all revealed with the cab pulled up in front of fucking Olive Garden and Jax looked over at him to say simply, "No."

"Yes," Joe replied, paying the cab before stepping back, "Come on, I made reservations and everything."

Jax groaned quite loudly and stepped out of the cab before glaring at the Keery man. "I can't believe you took me to where I work on my fucking vacation. These are my two weeks away from Olive Garden – and Waffle House, you motherfucker – and you bring me back? I did not sign up for this."

"You kinda did when you agreed to dinner tonight," Joe told him, that shit-eating grin on his face. Oh, fuck him.

"Yeah, but I didn't know you'd be bringing me to the worst place in the world. Like, actually hell on earth," Jax muttered to him angrily as they walked through the day.

"I thought you said you loved your job. That it was professional and you should be respected and everything," Joe teased him.

"Yeah, that's for the working part. I don't actually wanna be here for eating. Too many bad memories of waiting pop up in my mind."

"Too bad," he said as he walked up to the woman at the counter, telling her that there were reservations for two.

They sat down, waiting to be seated and Jax still glared at Joe, who rolled his eyes and bumped his shoulder lightly. "Come on, lighten up. They have good food here."

"Sure, doesn't mean that I wanna go on a date here," Jax grumled and Joe just laughed at him.