The Art of Letting Go

You and Ben had been dating for over 2 years when he broke up with you suddenly. It had been a week since he had broken you and you still hadn't left your apartment. Clothes, wrappers, and dishes were strewn all over the apartment, while you were strewn across your bed in sweatpants, an old hoodie of Ben's (which the scent had faded from about two days ago), and a messy bun. You hadn't responded to anybody's messages or calls and had really shut yourself off from the world. You felt your heart cracking at the seams that you had started to mend and decided you needed to pull yourself together.

You stood from the bed and began to pick up the wrappers around your bed, moving through your home. You threw the wrappers away and began washing the dishes, starting the dishwasher. You folded the blankets that laid carelessly around and made your bed. While the dishwasher ran you hopped in the shower. While drying yourself off you felt tears start to trickle down your cheeks. 

After calming yourself down you decided to pick yourself up piece by piece. You slipped on a pair of leggings, putting on a knit sweater (Your usual fall outfit choices) and then tossed your hair up again in a messy bun. You took Ben's hoodies, his sweatpants, and his onesie he gave you and placed them into a box. You looked down at yourself, realizing you still had the necklace with his name that he gave you on it. You took it off and placed it into the box as well. You opened your phone and replied to some messages, and then did the thing you had been dreading for the entire week.

You opened up your camera roll loading all the photos of you and Ben onto your laptop and placed them in a folder deep in your laptop. You then deleted them from your phone, letting yourself have a moment of silence. You then slipped on a pair of boots and stepped outside of the apartment complex. You had finally discovered the art of letting go. No matter how upset it made you. You knew you would be alright. 

Sorry, this is terrible, but I also wanted to write a short, kinda sad one because I've only done the mushy gushy lovey dovey ones.  I know this is bad but I still hoped you enjoyed it. Well as much as you can enjoy it.