NYE

Katherine was going to pay for this. I let her drag me to her stupid New Year's Eve party because she "didn't want to be alone all night," and now here I was, alone on a couch. Well, not technically alone. There was a boy with the brightest bluest eyes, yet I could barely catch a glimpse of them because they were glued to his camera. 

He was pretty. Good bone structure. He should've been in front of the camera, not behind it. Of course, you obviously weren't going to say anything. That was until this boy turned the lens unto me. 

"No, no, no," I started, raising the red solo cup in my hand to cover my face. "Not tonight." 

The boy looked at me confused, moving the camera down. I was finally able to stare into those captivating blue eyes. "Why not," he asked, a hint of flirt in his voice. 

"Because I came to this, in no way prepared to take photos." A small smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I watched this boy. Well, he wasn't necessarily a boy, just young looking. Boyish. 

"What are you talking about, you may be the only person here who is competent enough to even tell I am taking pictures," he said gesturing around the room. And I found no flaws in his statement. Even Katherine was looking a little...rough. 

"I'm Y/N," I smiled at him. Maybe once I knew his name I could search through the stories Kat told me and see if I remember him in any of them.

"Ben," he said simply. I heard Kat talk about a couple of Bens, but she never described one like him. He lifted his camera again, the shutter going off. Again it was pointed at me and I just smiled, raising my glass slightly. 

As the night went on, Ben and I talked a lot more, even following each other on Instagram. Ben's Instagram was very artsy. Very him.  We actually had a lot in common and he was a great conversation holder. We even got into a conversation about his friend Josh, who was currently all over Kat. Everyone was starting to pair up as we were nearing the last 2 minutes of the countdown. 

"So, Y/N, do I have a kiss for New Years?" The look in his eyes was pure hope. He was sweet and had been kind to me all night. Why shouldn't I kiss him? I couldn't let him know that though. 

Everyone started counting down the last thirty seconds and Ben and I stood up. He wrapped his hand around my waist, holding it tightly. As the last five seconds drew near I rested my hand underneath his chin, pulling his face towards mine. 

"3! 2! 1!" everyone cheered, Ben and I's lips connected. What a way to ring in the New Year. 

When I woke up that morning I woke up to many "Happy New Year!" text messages, Snapchats, and... tagged photos? I mean I would've understood if we were still high schoolers, but we were full grown adults, why was I getting tagged in photos when the only photos that were taken last night were by..Ben! He must've tagged me in some photos of last night. 

It was the picture of me, my smile shining across the screen, the red solo cup slightly covering my face. 'A very happy new year' Ben captioned it. And I don't think I could've imagined a better start to my year. 

Hey everyone! Just wanted to wish all of you a happy new year and I hope you all fulfill your goals for the year!