Connection (part 4)

As you and Ben walked into Common Grounds you made some small talk. You two talked about your days and just little things like that. Josh had sprinted in front of you two and he was already in the front of the line, finishing his order. You couldn't help but chuckle to yourself as the excitement on his face grew when he was handed his blueberry muffin. 

Kyrie was quick to jump in front of you and Ben and ordered herself just a simple iced vanilla latte. It took almost everything in your body to not roll your eyes at how consistent she was. 

You hoped in front of Ben ordering a simple drink (I don't know if all of you drink coffee so just like insert your fave drink) and a chocolate chip muffin. You asked the worker to warm it and then you paid and found Kyrie and Josh. 

Ben soon joined the three of you and sat across from you. The breeze on the pavilion was gentle and ran a slight chill across your arms. One of the few parts you hadn't decided to protect when you left this morning. 

You noted that Josh and Kyrie had stricken up some sort of a conversation, probably about a meme. You looked up at Ben who was looking up at you. You could feel a smile spread across your face as a smile spread across his. 

"So, here we are," Ben said. You let out a slight chuckle.

"Yes we are... Sooo..."

"C'mon," Ben tossed his head behind him. You stood up and placed a hand on Kyrie's shoulder making sure she knew you were leaving. You and Ben headed out to the walking path that was on the lake. You walked in silence for a bit before you finally spoke up.

"So, how come we've gone to school for, what three years, and we have never run into each other?"

"I don't know. I think it's maybe because up until this year the only person I really hung with was Josh. People have just never really been my thing."

"I get it. I was pretty anti-social until I met Kyrie. She really broke me out of my shell."

There was a comfortable silence between you two, the only thing filling it was the breaking of the waves against the shore. You both continued to walk until you hit the end of the pier. You soon turned around and saw Kyrie and Josh racing towards the two of you, bright smiles plastered across their faces. 

"What are you doing Josh? You look like an idiot," Ben said slugging Josh in the shoulder. 

"We got bored looking at memes and wanted to do something fun," Kyrie said motioning between her and Josh. Before you could even speak Kyrie started again with a gasp, "Y/N do you have your camera?! We should do a photoshoot!"

You nodded as you chuckled. "It's in your car. Remember?"

"Oh yeah, C'mon," she started off again grabbing Josh's wrist and dragging him off. 

"So you're a photographer huh," Ben looked at you as he leaned into you.

"Shut it," You mumbled as you walked with him to the car.