Boy Next Door (part 2)

As your eyes fluttered open, you felt a hand lazily running through your hair. It was a habit Ben had picked up from you doing it so many times. 

"Morning," you groaned slightly as you rolled over so you faced Ben and was turned away from the light. "What time is it? How long have you been up," you asked looking up at him the best you could. 

"Technically it's afternoon. I put your phone on the charger and texted your mom you were asleep over here. I've only been up a half an hour. OH, and it's like 1:30," Ben listed off, answering all your questions. 

"Diddddd Josh answer," You ask. Even though you had probably slept a solid 9 hours, it felt as if your coffee was just kicking in. You sat up and pushed your bun slightly so you could return to the outside world without doing any extra work. Ben chuckled lowly as he opened his phone. 

"'Hey Ben, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, I was asleep,'" Ben emphasized the 'sleep' bit. "'Kara and I both think the pumpkin farm is a great idea and so we were thinking maybe 6:30 to close (10:00). We could grab some food beforehand and take some quality pics. Let me know ASAP.' I obviously told him that it sounded like a plan and so we're just gonna take two cars and meet up at that little diner down the street from the pumpkin farm. Your mom said she didn't care and she would leave money on the counter so you could buy her some cookies."

You looked at Ben slightly wide-eyed as you took in all the information.  As it finally registered in your head you almost immediately sprang up from the couch and did a little dance. "Yay! Yay! Yay" You paused for a moment. "Do you want me to pay for dinner since you paid for breakfast?"

"I don't really care. You buy me coffee all the time, so I feel my debt to you is really starting to add up. "

You hopped back onto the couch next to Ben and wrapped your arms around him and squeezed tightly, "Thank you for putting up with me, and making sure I don't starve." A giant smile was spread across your face as he wiggled his hand around and patted your head. 

"Anytime. I mean I'm kinda stuck with you at this point," he joked as you lightly hit his shoulder. He pouted his lower lip out and you just pushed his face away from you.

"That pouty face isn't going to work on me Benjamin Tyler Cook," you said sternly.

Ben dramatically gasped at the use of his full name. You were the only person who could get away with it though, so you took almost every opportunity you had to use it.  

"Well, I'm going to run over to my house and put on some decent clothes if Josh and Kara are going to want to take pictures. I'll be back in sayyy half an hour," you estimate as you stand and make your way to the front door. As you walk across the driveway you put together potential outfits in your head. 

After showering, searching through your drawers and putting your hair in a calculated messy bun, you settled on an oversized black and purple flannel, a black tank, black leggings, and your black hightop Converse. You took a final glance over yourself in the mirror and then pulled a purple scrunchie onto your wrist. You grabbed your camera, your wallet, and the extra money your mom gave you and headed out the door. 

By the time you reached Ben's front door, it was already 6 o'clock. You didn't disclose the fact that you watched a solid 3 episodes of Vampire Diaries to Ben, that was only a need to know basis, and Ben did not need to know.  

"Wassup broski," he said as he locked the front door. "You look ready for the pumpkin farm," he said a slight chuckle following. 

"You're pretty much wearing the same outfit as me but with jeans and a red flannel, it's just that season boysss," you said exaggerating the 's'. You guys drove you turned on the 'Top hits' radio so you could both jam. It tended to have the perfect mix of your's and Ben's preferences. 

"Sooo, Y/n, how many pictures are you going to force me to take today," Ben joked. Ben always liked to claim he hated getting his picture taken, but that was a total lie. You went with it though because it was Ben and you both had a good time. 

"Only enough so you have some good 'Gram content," you said, laughing afterwards. As you pulled into the parking lot of the diner you saw Kara and Josh were leaning up against Josh's car and looked so cute. You sneaked a picture while Ben pulled into a parking spot. Kara and Josh were truly adorable, and this was definitely going to be a very unique trip with some pumpkins.