Anxious

God, you couldn't believe this was really happening. You were going to be on Broadway. You may not have gotten the lead, but you were still playing 'Eponine' in Les Miserables. 

   You were pacing around your changing room. 6 paces forward, turn around, another 6 paces, repeat. You kept going over the lyrics and the lines in your head, mumbling some under your breath. You still had about an hour before the show even started, but you were already in costume and makeup. The only thing you had to do was your mic and wig. "C'mon Y/N, you can do this. You are already cast, this isn't an audition. They chose you.

  You soon heard three quick fleeting knocks on the door. "Come in," you answered unbeknownst to who was on the other side of the door. As the door opened you saw your tall and bubbly best friend walk through. You let out a breath, one that you didn't even know you were holding in and smiled.  

  "You're not actually freaking out are you Y/N," Ben asked raising an eyebrow at you. 

You looked up at him speechless. He kept telling you these past few weeks how great you were going to do and that you needed to believe him. You didn't have the heart to tell him you were genuinely freaking out and were doubting every inch of yourself. I mean this was Broadway. Your childhood dream, why did you think you weren't cut out for it? You've been practicing for it your entire life. 

  Ben placed his hands on your shoulders, knocking you out of your dream-like state. "Y/N, c'mon sit with me." He sat cross-legged on the floor, waiting for you to join him. 

  You let out a huff before adjusting your skirt and sitting across from him. You could feel your hands begin to shake slightly as Ben picked them up and held them. 

  "Y/N," He spoke softly, "Look at me and focus, alright?" You just nodded, trying to steady your breathing. 

"Y/N, you're going to do amazing, alright? Out of every kid out there trying to get on Broadway, they picked you. Don't doubt yourself now, okay? Just go out there and kill it like I know you can.

You nodded, feeling the breath fill your lungs. Ben stood and then reached for your hands, helping you up. You looked at him and smiled as he pulled you into a hug. 

And he was right. You went out there and blew the whole world away. 

This imagine was requested by aquietgirl20 so I just want to thank her so much!