Specs

It had been three weeks since Newsies had opened and you had to admit, you were slightly exhausted. It was great being on the original cast of a musical (something most people don't get to experience) but in a show this demanding, it was draining. 

You were getting ready for your second (and thankfully last) show of the day.  You were in your dressing room, putting your contacts in, a very irritating nuisance. You tossed your glasses and contacts case into your backpack before doing the finishing touches of your makeup, tucking your two braids into your cap, and heading out to the stage. 

The energy tonight during "The World Will Know" was unmatched from your other performances. You could see the spark in the kids' eyes as they watched you dance on the stage. Fascinated. 

Your favorite part of the show had to be "Once and For All". Having everyone on stage, the passion, plus you got to screw around with Ben Cook slightly. 

Ben and you had become close during the workshops and it had just kind of stuck. You were part of his little group- him, Josh, DMC, Sky, and then you. You guys made it a mission to try and make Ben laugh and break character because, in all honesty, that child could fall into a fit of giggles so easily. 

You guys obviously didn't do anything too severe and noticeable that you would get in trouble, but you would do something just to get a smile or a bit of choking laughter from Ben.

During "Once and For All" you gave Ben a slight "taze" in the waist, causing him to flinch slightly, while also moving a shoulder back to hit you- which missed you. 

When running off the stage into the wings Ben spun you around to face him. 

"What the hell was that for Y/N," he said breathily. You could tell he was holding back a smile from the slight tension at the corners of his mouth. You just shook your head and chuckled as you waited for the queue to go out and perform the Finale and do the curtain call. 

Once the show was over you walked back to your dressing room and put away your costume along with wiping off your makeup and straightening your station up a bit. You left your hair in the now messy braids but changed into a pair of leggings and a Newsies hoodie as you picked up your bag to do stage door. 

Stage door was honestly one of your favorite activities to do, especially with all the buzz around the show. You were having a calm conversation with a fan who had come to the stage door a few times. They handed you a pen and you were about to sign their playbill, but Ben had other plans as he tossed you over his shoulder. 

You immediately started to hit his back yelling a variation of "BENJAMIN!" "PUT ME DOWN" "I SWEAR TO GOD" before he eventually placed your feet on the ground again. You saw a crowd of cell phones filming the encounter as you punched Ben in the arm. 

He pitifully said "Ow," as he pretended to rub his arm as if you had hurt him. You just rolled your eyes as you returned to the fan who you were originally with. 

Once you got back to your hotel room you flopped onto the bed before feeling the slight burn of your contacts. You slipped on some sleep shorts, leaving the Newsies hoodie on and walked over to the sink/counter area. You picked up your backpack, pulling out the contacts case along with your glasses case. You took the contacts out and put your glasses on, happy with the fact the burning feeling was gone. 

Following your typical routine after a two-show day, you turned the coffee pot on to make some hot water so you could have some earl gray tea. Once the pot was done, you let the bag steep in the cup, the aroma filling the air. You heard on a knock on the door of your room so you got up checking the peephole to see Ben. 

You let the bouncy boy into your room, his eyes keeping hold of the floor before reaching your face. His eyebrows immediately knitted together and his head cocked slightly to the left.  "Hold on, I'm very...have you...always..had glasses?" 

"...yeah? I always put my contacts in before a show? Have you...never noticed?" 

"I thought you had a weird eye fetish!" He stuttered his words slightly as he took in the new aspect of your face. "I mean don't get me wrong they suit you, it's just... weird I guess," he said with a shrug. 

You just chuckled slightly at the boy before playfully rolling your eyes and flopping on your bed. Ben following you down as you two just sat talking aimlessly. Falling asleep with the words hanging in the air around you two, covering you like a soft blanket. 

Hey guys! Sorry this one is kind of short but it was requested by burrs-lost-umbrella. I had a fun time writing this so I hope you all enjoy this. Also if you could/wanted to, please check out my Anne with an E fanfiction titled Kindred Spirits. I really am enjoying writing it so far so it would be great to hear what you guys think. Well I hope you all had a great day and I love you all dearly. -K