Chapter 1

SOMEWHERE IN MUMBAI

SOMEWHERE IN MUMBAI

It was a chilly, winter morning. MANIK woke up from his sleep and found his wife sleeping on the other side of the bed, snuggled in a warm blanket.

He smiled at her, kissed her forehead ritually and went into the bathroom to freshenup for the day.

By the time Manik got out of the bathroom, he found the bed empty and neatly made. NANDINI was up. The rattling sounds from the kitchen were a confirmation.

He went ahead and got ready in his formal wear. "Manik, breakfast is readyyy." And there was the voice he could die for! "Aayaa" Smiling to himself, he replied.

Manik' pov

I went downstairs in the kitchen and saw Nandini still clad in her nightwear and hair balled up in a messy bun. Ah! Wasn't she just the most beautiful.

"Morning!" I chirped in and she replied with equal ferver and also with a cheek kiss! "Goood morningg". Someone was happy this morning. "Accha the breakfast is ready...." and before she could begin with her lecture, i continued, "I will plate it out, tum jao get ready." And pushed her out of the kitchen. She sighed, "thanks i'll go get ready".

I picked out a plate and dished out the aromatic poha on it and started having my breakfast.

Nandini's pov

I ran upstairs, had a bath, wore my outfit and went down again, to see Manik already finished with his breakfast and working on his laptop on the dining table. I went out to him and he plated out the breakfast for me along with some fruit juice and shut down his laptop. I had my breakfast with some normal talks with him. Wasn't he the most loving husband ever!

After breakfast, we both left for our work in our repective cars because our workplaces were poles apart from each other.

My workplace has always been my second home. After all, it is my dream come true. I reached my cabin and started working on the new project's design selection.

Afternoon:

It was almost time for lunch and i was packing up my things when I suddenly felt something. Something I dreaded. I immediately rushed into tbe bathroom to check if my instincts were correct; and to my utmost unfortune I was correct.I just kept siiting on the closed toilet seat and let a tear or two flow down.

All my enthusiasm was flown down the drain. Completely dejected, i had no energy left to keep working. So I grabbed my keys and zoomed away to home.

Manik's pov

It was 2pm and I had had my lunch. As per everyday I picked up my phone and dialled Nandini. I was excited to hear her chirpy voice yet again. Well, when am I not?

Nandini answered the call on the fourth ring. "Hey!!" I spoke before her. "Hi Manik. Tumne khanan khaaya?" Even though this was always the first thing she asked me today she sounded different. Not her usual bubbly self like in the morning.

"What happened miss. Grumpy? Why are you sounding so low all of a sudden?" I enquired. "Nothing. Am just not feeling well". And that was enough to freak me out.

"Not well...what do you mean not well? Kya hua tum theek ho? Ek minute where are you?" My panic mode was on. "Umm...ghar pe hu." And that was it.

"What!! Tum ghar chali gai. My god jaan are you okay? What happened??"

"Manik, listen calm down. Nothing has happened i am just okay. Dont worry."

"Yeah right." I was angry now. Why couldn't she tell me earlier. "You wait, I'll just be there in half an hour" I didn't even wait for her reply and hung up.

Reaching home, I rushed to our bedroom and found her laying with the comforter on. And god knows what happened, tears pooled out of her eyes the moment she saw me.

Immediately rushing to her side, I just took her in a hug whilst she kept weeping silently.

"Nandini...listen please tell me what happened. Should we go to the doctor huh?" But she just kept nodding her head in a no. "Nandu you are freaking me out baba...please." I begged her.

"I got my periods."

Oh no!!

Manik Malhotra was the COO of Malhotra Financial Services. A position, he earned by his own valour and integrirty. This always made his parents proud of him.

Nandini Malhotra owned a renowned fashion hub in Mumbai named 'Fine Threads'.

Their marriage was arranged and loved by everyone. After about 2 years of marriage now, life was going quite smooth for the both of them, ofcourse with some little pebbles here and there.

A spacious villa in a city like Mumbai, loving parents and in-laws, and even lovlier partners for life. There was nothing more that Manik and Nandini could ask for,

or was there?