Skull x Shut-In! X rank! Reader

Requested by person98712 !
Now, this was a bit tricky to write. Btw, the reader is a male, but I didn't add it in the title since I didn't want it to be so long. If it didn't turn out how you wanted, I've never done a shut-in reader thing before.

You were a lot different from the other Inklings.

You had to be confined in the same room for what seemed like everyday because of your illness, wishing that you could just go out and play turf wars. You didn't have really any friends at all due to your disability, causing you to be stuck in the same bed all the time without doing anything. You simply hated having this dumb illness. It made you feel so worthless.

You did have someone who came in to check on you a lot to help you out, that being Skull-Kun. You knew him for so long when you were both tiny, and he actually treated you like someone instead of some kid with a mental disability.

You heard your room's door open for the first time today, not surprised to see your best friend walking in and sitting down at the edge of your bed, checking on you once again. He looked at you again, making sure you were okay like always. You just got worse and worse.

When you two were young, it was a natural feeling for you to be scared of Skull; most of the inklings at your school were scared of him for his lack of eyebrows.
But you both got along quickly, since the two of you were both born different. He made you feel less lonely.
Being your first ever friend, he cared for you deeply.

Sometimes Skull would even take you out from time to time to Ammo Knights to practice, but it was usually later because Inklings wouldn't be around at that time. " Hey, (Y/N). You feeling any better..?" There was a hint of concern and worry in his voice when he asked that question, to which you answered with you slowly shaking your head. Your sickness just made you hate being.. well, you, by the second.

Typically, your friend wasn't even aloud to come check on you, as your parents would constantly worry about your health or what he'd do every time he arrived to see you. But that didn't stop him, Skully cared too much. That's what friends were for after all.
You noticed him taking off the skull bandana he always wore, revealing the bottom half of his face.

He truly was a handsome guy, despite his lack of brows. At least he looked better than the others thought.
" Y'know, even with that disability, you'll still be my friend. You know that, right?" His tone of voice was a lot softer when he was around you, soothing you. You responded with a casual nod, not really wanting to talk.

He treated you with lots of respect, especially with the fact that you were still X rank aside from the fact that you could no longer battle. You were absolutely amazing with your (F/W), beating Skull-Kun in many private battles 99% of the time. He was pretty proud that you've come so far with your illness, it was a miracle to him and your parents.

" Keep going strong.. I know you're strong. Stronger than me." He gave you a peck on the forehead before walking out of your room, leaving you with blush dusting across your features.
He really was sweet to you.
Maybe it's from all the candy he eats..?