N-Pacer x Male! Reader

Requested by @CQ_Cumber !
Sorry if this is bad I'm rushing to get all of these done for you guys ;;

N-Pacer examined the Square, eating bits of her Deep-Fried Shwaffle, wiping her hands off every once in awhile to avoid them from getting greasy. Her SplatterScope stood next to her as she looked at the Inklings and Octolings around Inkopolis, happy to see all of them getting along. There was one guy in particular that she never got along with- (Y/N)-Kun. He got along with everyone except for her, and she questioned it deeply.

N-Pacer was usually pretty level-headed and wise, but (Y/N) is the complete opposite of her when they talk. You're sarcastic, a bit rude.. It messed her up sometimes when she thought about it during battles. Relieved that the boy didn't appear yet, she could finally relax with her team. See, you were skilled. You'd almost come close to beating team Emperor with your team alone, which was more than enough to prove that you could splat anyone you wanted to. (Y/N) really did intimate her, which is probably the cause of why they didn't get along. She sipped on her drink while chatting amongst her team about new tactics and strategies to stay on top, until she saw the scary male with (F/C) tentacles popped up into Inkopolis.

She tried to keep her cool despite the many arguments the two had over their battles. She can't let that jerk intimidate her now, right? She's got her team with her. You ordered your food from the Crust Bucket, and once you got it you sat down at a table near them. Her team wasn't aware of their drama which didn't seem to surprise N-Pacer very much because they left her alone most of the time anyways.

You glanced over at her, blush lightly dusted across your face as yoi looked back down at your food. " Damn it, (Y/N).. This is what happens when you like someone." You whispered to yourself, pushing your Seanwich away from you at the new feeling of butterflies beginning to form in your stomach. You could never bring yourself to hate your crush, but you were incredibly stubborn. You didn't mean to ever hurt her with your sharp tongue. The painful guilt you experienced after the arguments left you feeling like nothing but an asshole, and you wanted to make it up to her so badly.

(Y/N) had to win her heart.

Your teammates noticed your blush, seeing your one and only crush sitting at a nearby table. " Ooo, is that N-Pacer-Chan?~ We heard you talking about her in your sleep last night, bud!" The Inkling boy wielding the Clash Blaster sneered, the two other boys that made up your team snickered. The menacing glare you sent to all three of them was enough to shut them up as the one who started the bickering slurped on his smoothie loudly, annoying you even more. " For 'good' teammates, you guys are really getting on my nerves." You crossed your arms, turning your back to the female sniper reluctantly.

It was true though; you always thought about her. Even in your most, uh.. 'private moments'.

On your way home you thought of many ways to win her heart, even after your petty drama. " Maybe I could try.. Impressing her? She would probably just not care after all of.. that. Ugh.." You grew frustrated from all of the ideas, knowing that they wouldn't work. You can't be yourself around her when she just sees you as some stuck up guy who only cares about himself and winning, so there's no way she'll like you back. You thought about it more and more until one thought came to mind. You could try to change her mind about you.

It was the next day. You already thought of the idea, but you haven't planned out how it'll all go yet. You weren't going to treat your soon-to-be girlfriend with some cliche chocolates, roses, a pp.. well not the last one just yet, but you weren't that basic. You walked into the Square while holding the Pearlescent Crown behind your back, something to prove to N-Pacer that she was truly a queen. Your queen.

There she was in all of her beauty, near the tower while holding her SplatterScope with bride. She was so radiant to you with her charger, but let's just go back to that romance and shiz. No time for more sappy crap to be thrown down your throats. You acted like you weren't paying attention to her at all but in reality you looked like someone who was about to steal something with that nervous expression you held. Expectations vs reality am I right?

Approaching the Deca Tower you notice her ignoring you, making your heart sink a bit when you finally turned to face her. " Hey.. Pacer? I'm uh, sorry for treating you like that. I know you probably hate me.." You didn't mean to sound so depressive and sad, but you couldn't help it with the fact that she probably doesn't even want to listen to you. But she's different from that, unlike you.

" ..Why are you apologizing? We argue all the time." Her voice was as calm as ever, yet cold. But that doesn't mean you'll stop trying to get her to like you. You were annoying sometimes, but determined.

You pulled out the crown and placed it on her head, looking away in embarrassment. " I..I want you to be my queen. Please accept it.."