Mask x Caring! Reader

Requested by @RoseMirandaPerez !
Also I can't do a Mask x reader without mentioning his wife in here so here's more of your husbando Rae-rin ♥️
Btw a squishy is what I call baby Inklings. It's cute sounding, okay?!

Mask begrudgingly walked home, loads of tissues sticking out of his pockets while he slowly made his way to the bus. His teammates forced him to go home today after him basically dying from his horrible sickness that caused him to cough roughly. Mask's own friends didn't want to be around him because of how bad his condition was as he let out a sniffle, his stuffy nose aggravating him even more.

He whipped out his phone, texting someone who helped him almost all the time when he was feeling worse than usual.
"(Y/N)-Chan, I feel like trash right now, trashier than usual. Send helppp.." You read the text almost immediately, your motherly personality kicking in while a sympathetic expression overtook your face when you read the part where it said 'send help'. You responded moments later to him, typing rapidly. Hell no would you let Mask feel that bad! " I can come over and help you!" You furiously typed back, hoping to cod that he would say yes. You knew he had hay fever, and because of that, you often acted gentler and constantly mothered him; even though he acted like he didn't like it, you had a feeling that he did appreciate it.
A few moments later, Mask responded with, " I don't want you to get sick too.."
" If it's for you, it's fine!" You responded.
Unknown to you, as Mask read that, his cheeks began to burn up and he felt the urge to smile. He took a screenshot of your message to cherish it forever. " Alright..do you need my address?" " No, I have it!" You were getting four boxes of tissues, an extra ink pack, and a few games so he didn't get too bored from sitting at home for quite some time.

You would bring supplies to make chicken-noodle soup for him, but because of the fact that he can't eat a lot of stuff due to his allergies, you knew that it would be best to use the food that he's got in store.
You hurriedly caught the next bus half an hour away from when Mask hopped on himself. The way to his house was pretty hectic though; people rambling on their phones, Octolings worriedly sitting next to Inklings who welcomed them warmly, but it didn't help with the fact that different sea creatures were hogging up the bus. Hey, at least nobody was trying to do the do with anyone on the bus like I saw in this one Splatoon hentai comic.. Don't question me. You carried the items carefully in your hands, walking towards the average looking home that belonged to your sick friend. You placed the ink pack on top of the tissues, knocking on the door quietly as to not disturb him.

" I'm cominggg.." A groggy and almost unreadable voice called from inside, revealing the boy with the gas mask you wanted to help out. He coughed into his arm, his voice sounding more sick than usual and by the looks of it he was down right miserable. " Aww, poor baby.. You alright?" He looked away in embarrassment at the cliche nickname, slowly nodding because of how much his throat was hurting at the time. " Well, I gotcha sweetie! I'll help you.." You welcomed yourself into his house, walking up the stairs to his room while placing the items you brought for him on his nightstand. Mask flopped onto the bed in no time, climbing under his bed sheets, letting out a relaxed sigh. You plopped your butt down on the edge, the plush blankets welcoming you and soothing you. You put a hand on his head steadily, feeling his head basically feeling like it was burning from his sickness.

You went outside towards the huge pantry he had, that just so happened to be filled with all types of soups and vegetables. It was odd though; Mask hated veggies. You heard his mother had to force him to eat them when he was a squishy, the thought of it making you let out a short, bubbly giggle. You picked out a can of tomato soup since it seemed like the only option there was, because Mask would probably complain like a baby over the veggies his mother bought for him when he first got the sickness. You propped the petite metal cylinder that held the red soup that smelled pretty great, pouring the cold substance into a pan to heat it up, turning the stove on for it to cook properly. You dashed many other ingredients in it, making him a sweet tasting drink out of hot water, a cough drop, and some honey for his cough and throat. Seriously, that shit helps. I used to drink it all the time.

The combinations of different flavors wafted throughout the house, Mask fighting the urge to immediately head down the stairs to start eating because of how great your cooking tasted/smelled. He couldn't fight it; when there's good food, there's good food.
Picking himself up weakly, Mask-Kun almost fell down the stairs from him being barely functional at the moment from feeling like actual death. The scent of tomatoes and cherry cough drops filled his nose, the scent going through his old gas mask. You stood there, stirring away in front of the stove while wearing a cutesy apron that he got you that caused him to blush. You looked so dang cute in it he just wanted to protect you forever from those horrid hentai artists who roam the internet, but the thought of you being in anime porn paint a very vivid yet strange image in his mind as it was still clouded from his fever.

" Hm? Shouldn't you be laying down, sweetie? Don't want you feeling any worse hun.." Whilst he plopped himself down at the table you set a steaming bowl of soup in front of him, giving his drink to him as well to help with a few things to make him feel better. You gave everyone cute nicknames like a mom; especially Mask and the rest of the S4. Only Army got embarrassed by them, Aloha just saw them as another excuse to flirt with you. Mask didn't like it and he cringed when he heard the joyful Inkling's flirty remarks towards you, wanting to place an auto bomb in his bed at night when he did. It's not like he loved you or anything but spoilers he really does and this totally isn't the beginning of his obsession with you in the yandere oneshot, but Mask was overly protective over you. " Sorry if you don't like the soup, I tried my best for you!" Your cooking was usually, of course, the best thing to him. He carefully set his gas mask down, since whenever he usually did he would cough a whole bunch, but he ended up being just fine whilst he began content-fully sipping on the hot tomato soup you made for him.

Mask flashed you- coUGH-a thumbs up, which you happily accepted. You sat down next to him, getting yourself a small bowl and saving the rest for him for later on in the day. He glanced over at you, you scrolling through different apps and typing stuff every once in awhile. He sniffled, blushing a light shade of blue from the sight of you smiling and letting out your adorable giggle every once in awhile. This was why he was protective over you, because you were so sweet in his eyes, he hated the thought of anyone taking you from him like Aloha. " Hey, (Y/NNN).. Thanks for helping me out today, I could always uh.. use your helpppp.."

" No problem, bud! I'm always here to help you.. Anything for you." Your bright smile crept onto your face, which was meant for him this time. Even if he was sick, he couldn't help but want to hug you forever at how kindly you treated him while everyone else strayed away from him all because of his sickness. You pulled him into a warm hug, like your own way of telling him thank you that caused his heart to flutter. " Maybe I should take you up back to bed, you look tired.. More than usual at least." You took Mask by the hand but he definitely didn't mind and held yours back weakly, taking the sick boi up to his slightly dirty room. You nearly decorated his bed with teddy bears and placed the honey liquid next to the tissues, him flopping down again. " Ughhh.. I feel worseee.." he sunk into his bed slightly, staring into your set of (E/C) orbs which soon became filled with worry. " Was it the food..?" He shook his head, curling up in his fluffy blankets while the teddies were all huddled around him, all plastic black eyes on him. " I think you're over doing it just a bit, thoughhh.."

You tenderly kissed Mask on the forehead, soon crawling into the bed with him which sent chills down his spine while you laid down very close to him. " Anything for you.."