Aloha x Quiet! Reader

Requested by @iiVideogameFox !

You sat in your chair, slowly sipping from your coffee at the cute little cafe in the Square. It was a nice and peaceful place, something you admired. You hated battling because of how loud, hectic or even annoying everything was. Plus, trying to say ' To me!' Or ' booyah!' To your teammates made you super self conscious and stressed out, often getting you splatted without the help and support of your teammates.

The cafe was crowded today though, almost no seats open except for the one across from you, something you mildly disliked about coming here on Saturdays. You heard the small ' ding!' The bell on the door made when someone walked in, as you looked to see who the stranger was. A male Inkling with pink tentacles, side-swept hair, and his gear was the golf visor, aloha shirt, and crazy arrows. An outfit that looked like it was slapped together all at once, with his handsome rosy pink eyes to finish off the look. Not to mention that dorky smile he had.

You went back to looking down at your phone, scrolling through Splatnet to order the gear you needed, until you heard the sound of a chair scooting across the floor. " Heya cutie!~ Hopefully you don't mind if I sit here with ya, there's no more seats!" Blushing at the name 'cutie', you saw the same guy sitting across from you. You wanted to be polite because you understand why he sat with you, nodding yes to him wanting to sit down with you. You couldn't help but be caught in such pretty eyes he had; they complimented him so well with the joyfulness that held within them.

You both sat there in silence, him trying to strike up a conversion but you really only nodded or shook your head, too anxious about speaking which made it awkward. " So.. You mute or something? You haven't been talking talking this whole time! Hopefully we can at least talk through texts.." it was so sudden, but Aloha slipped you a piece of paper with numbers all over it. " Here ya go! Wanna get to know you better.~" Just the thought of calling someone gave you cold tentacles as you thought about throwing the paper away, but then you remembered.. Texting is a thing. Woah, this is a scientific breakthrough.

Over the past week or two, the both of you texted nonstop. He found out quickly that you didn't like speaking what so ever but was pretty desperate to hear your true voice instead of just reading your texts. You even visited the same cafe every weekend together, stuffing your faces with all sorts of sweets. You haven't talked yet, though.
Aloha adored that bubbly laugh you had though and no matter how much you tried to hide it, he always managed to make you giggle.

The two of you went to the cafe again, ready to chow down on brownies or cookies. Aloha wanted to reach for your hand to hold it when you both sat down in the same chairs that you sat in when you first met, trying to just confess his feelings to you after waiting to tell you how he truly felt for quite some time. This was the perfect place as it was where you met.

It was just about Valentine's Day when you went together, heart decorations aligning the walls around the cute shop were the only thing you could see. There were heart shaped donuts in the cafe, along with pink cookies and frosting on almost everything, it was like a sweet dream. You guys always got each other random stuff but you both enjoyed whatever one of you got, so Aloha decided to buy one of the heart-shaped treats in hopes it would make you happy.

He said no to you getting him anything, only wanting you to enjoy yourself on this special day. The lil treat even had '(Y/N)' drawn on it just for you. How sweet!~

Aloha sat down across from you, revealing the treat to you which caused you to blush. " H-Hey, I'm giving my heart to you!.. Hopefully you'll enjoy it.." You had to say thank you or something. It was just too sweet of him..

" ..Of course I will.. I love it!" Hugging your friend tightly, he was taken back a bit from how beautiful your voice truly was.

It was his new favorite thing to hear.