Chapter 36: Zeref's Serpent

"Survey the Heavens, Open the Heavens..."
All the stars, far and wide...
Show me thy appearence...
With such shine.
Oh Tetrabiblos...
I am the ruler of the stars...
Aspect become complete...
Open thy malevolent gate.
Oh 88 Stars of the heaven...
Shine!
Urano
Metria!"

 Lucy gripped the claw of Celestia the Celestial Dragon. With her help, Urano Metria was ten times as powerful as normal. They couldn't underestimate one of Zeref's minions, especially if Zeref sent them himsef.

"Did we get her?" Celestia asked. Lucy couldn't tell. They would have to wait until the smoke from the attack cleared. A low hissing registered in Lucy's ears as they heard the chant. "Earth Magic: Liquid Ground!" The fragmented green planks turned into a gooey green mess as it melted into the earth.

"Now, Lucy Heartfilia, come with me! To Lord Zeref!" The withered lady seemed to be the only one able to stand as she made her way to Lucy.

"Someone! Save Miyuki-Chan!" Lucy shouted as she sank into the earth. A puff of smoke materialized where the unconcious youthful girl was lying. A petite woman with short pink hair appeared, carrying Miyuki in her arms.

"Virgo!" Lucy cried as she smiled.

 "Punishment time, Hime?" Virgo asked robotically.

"No, I think that's okay, Virgo..." Lucy said as she sweatdropped.

The wrinkled woman hissed as she sunk into the ground. The mages watched in caution as they tried to predict where the woman would be. The murky ground exploded as the wench appeared from the hole, hissing. "Now, Lucy Heartfilia, Master Zeref will be pleased with me. Come here."

"Lucy, watch out!" Celestia shouted.

While Lucy was making sure that miyuki was safe and trying to get out of the liquefying ground, the wench popped out of the ground, lunging for Lucy. Lucy didn't have time to cast a spell. She closed her eyes and waited for the impact.

"Fire Dragon's Roar!" The woman could be heard hissing as the burning flames melted away her skin. In her place stood a creature with scaly skin and poisionous fangs. "Now you've done it!" She shouted.

Lucy slowly cracked open her eyes. In front of her stood a flaming mage, dressed in black. His pupils were enlarged with rage. "Oi, Lucy." He said slowly as he looked back at her. "You ain't one to take a hit sittin' down." Somehow, he had intercepted the serpent's attack. He sunk into the ground as he spoke. 

"I'm leavin' the rest to you." He slid out of the way so Lucy could fight.

"Yeah." Lucy said quietly, so nobody could hear. "So, what should I do?" She gave a malicious grin, a sure win look dancing in her eyes. "After all that you've done to my nakama, I need to pay you back ten times as much!"

"Shut up! if I bring you back to Master Zeref, I can become his favorite!" The serpent screeched.

"Oh? So, you're only trying to vie for Zeref's attention, huh? What a lowly maggot you are." Lucy held a pair of blazing fists. The heat from her hands solidified the mud. "Iron Dragon's Club!" She chanted. "I'll show you how fearful Fairy Tail is. I'll carve it into your mind until you don't even dare come near here again!"

She smashed the ground, crumbling the green dirt. The guild members cheered as they hopped into the battle. "Dragon Slayer's Secret Art: Holy Nova!" A blast of light shot out from Lucy's fingertips at the Serpent. 

The scaled creature hissed in agony as she was eradicated from the guild member's sights and from the earth. The guild cheered at Lucy's battle. "Yatta! We beat it!" And, "Good job, Lucy!" Errupted from the crowd.