Chapter 48: Lilith The Succubus

Lucy's team laid in wait, for the Nightmare Unity mage, who Hibiki said would be there. Her team, consisting of Azazel, Sting, Rogue, Gray, and unfortunatly for her, Natsu, crawled around in the bushes, but it was practically impossible for Natsu, so he acted as the bait to lure out whoever they were fighting.

Star and the other Exceeds were flying around to search for Nightmare Unity and act as a lookout, just in case they were near somebody. Erza, who was out with Hibiki, Eve, Ren, one of the Mermaid Heel girls that was revealed to be Kagura, and finally, another Celestial Spirit user, like Lucy, named Yukino, were searching without using the element of surprise.

Another team consisted of the other two men that came with Sabertooth, Orga and Rufus, and the rest of the Mermaid Heel girls, Araña, Beth, and Risley. Kagura had said that somebody else from their guild was coming as backup, so there was that person too. They stood back at Master Bob's Palace to keep watch.

It seemed like everyone had something to do, a strategy to put out. The Lamia Scale part of the team and Ichiya were out, too. They were doing research on the Nightmare Unity members to find out weaknesses and advantages. Sadly, if a team were to encounter one now, they wouldn't have the information to use.

Lucy had changed before she got out, into a navy blue dress that was easy to move in, and a pair of flats. She wore a scarf to hide her pendant, just in case that it would break off during battle. Sure, it was made out of diamonds and silver, but there was still a chance it could break. She tried parting her hair, letting it fall to her sides.

She watched closely. Hibiki said that the girl would be here soon... Hmm... The leaves rustled, and Lucy instantly ducked down. The bushes parted, and a woman walked into the clearing. She looked quite young, maybe twenty-six or twenty-seven, at most. She wore a black and red dress. The side was slit, letting her long legs be visible. She had a pair of fishnet stockings up to her thighs. On her feet were black heels, at least and inch tall. The top was cut into a low V-neck, making it quite revealing, with zig-zag straps to hold it up. 

Her long purple bangs got in the way of her emerald eyes, but she didn't seem to care. She licked her full  lips, smeared with tons of lipstick, as if she knew something good was about to happen. She turned her head, her eyes staring daggers at the giant bush everyone was in. It seemed like she smelled something, so she sniffed the air. Lucy held her breath, not even daring to move. She wanted the woman to move on so she could follow her, and disclose where the other Nightmare Unity mages were, at least.

But as soon as the woman shrugged her shoulders and took a step forward, to where Natsu was standing around like an idiot, she smirked. She took daring steps torward Natsu, not even bothering to at least try to cover herself up.

"Hello, little traveler." She purred, holding on to Natsu's arm, her breasts pressing up against his biceps. "Are you lost?" She asked seductivly.

Natsu, as dense as always, just shook his head. "Nah, I'm not lost. I'm looking for my friends. Have you seen them?"

The woman seemed lost, angry that her seduction had failed. "No, I don't think so... What do they look like?" She detached herself from Natsu, obviously disapointed. Lucy tried to read her thoughts, silently chanting a spell that Shinobu taught her.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Master Zeref will kill me if I don't get somebody new to join... Alright, deep breaths... In, out. In, out... Lucy heard the woman move. She seemed like she was trying to be calm. "And that's what they're like..." Natsu said, still oblivious to the woman trying to capture him.

"No, I haven't seen them..." She trailed off, taking in one more breath, "My name is Lilith. What's yours?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm Natsu Dragoneel!" Natsu gave his signature grin to the woman as he held out his hand, flexing his arm to show his arm that was clearly showing the Fairy Tail mark that was still imprinted in red, the color of flames.

"Oh, I see!" Lilith cheered. She turned her around, letting her back be exposed. On the side, there were two little markings on her back, shaped like half of a heart with a sharp point on one end, marked in the color of blood. 

Wait... I've seen those marks before... Lucy thought. Her memory flashed into her brain. When she had just left the guild, as painful as it was to remember, there was a book she had read...The words popped into her head, "Magical Creatures and Their Location!" When Lucy had found that mysterious book, it had listed an entery about a creature with the same red marking she saw on Lilith.

As she tried to remember, she felt a worried hand on her shoulder and another one holding her hand. She looked to one side, where she saw Sting holding fast to her shoulder. On the other side, she saw Azazel giving her a reasuring look. She nodded, letting her memories engulf her.

Almost instantly, she remembered. The marking were none other than those of a Succubus. She used telepathy to try and warn the others when she saw Lilith's tail. It wasn't like the one that she was shown in the book. That one was like the whip lucy had, with a little heart-shaped point at the end. The one Lucy saw was a bright red, and at the end was the unmistakable mark of a skull.

Minna! She cried, That woman's a Succubus! She's stealing his powers! She warned them, She'll try to steal your power too!

She didn't feel Azazel or Rogue move when she warned them, but what she did hear was Sting, "NATSU-SAN!"

She hurridly reached out her hand to grab him, but she had missed by a few centimeters, "STING, DON'T! YOU'LL BE KILLED!" She yelled, but in reply, all she saw was Sting being slashed by Lilith's tail. "STING!"