Christmas (8)

Baz

The song I chose to play isn't random. I used to play it the whole summer after the fifth year. And the sixth. And the seventh. It's about an unrequited love. (I couldn't help myself. I have always been hopelessly romantic. I'm not ashamed of it.)

While I play, I almost forget everything we went through today. I forget about my father and the words he said. I forget about my tantrum, the snowstorm and the damn car. I forget about Simon's tears. About mine. All I feel is the music, which runs from my arms through my whole body. I almost forget that Simon's listening.

When I finish the song and open my eyes again, he's fallen asleep. His legs are pulled up and his hands cling to the blanket next to his face. He looks so peaceful. You would never think that he screamed and cried a few hours ago.

I lay my violin and the bow on the couch and turn off the light. (It's magickal, not electric.) I still see everything. For a second I think about going hunting, but I don't want to leave Simon alone right now. (Not that I ever want to.)

So, I crawl onto the bed and bury my face in his curls. He grumbles something in his sleep and his one hand reaches behind his back for my arm and pulls it around his waist. I have no idea if he's awake or not, but I tug him closer anyway and kiss his hair gently.

"Sweet dreams, Simon," I whisper and then I fall asleep, too.

--------------------------

This the end of the second story! :) I hope you liked it!

The third - and longest story so far - is called Snowday ;D