Rip uncle Mike

So I'm leaving to Chicago in like 12 hours but around 3:00pm this afternoon (it's like 11:30pm now, August 26) my Uncle Mike died. He was driving- I think on the highway- with his wife and just slumped over the steering wheel and died. Not like a stroke or heart attack or anything? He just fell and died. Right in-front of her. They even spent over an hour trying to revive him at the hospital. But nothing. His twin girls just Graduated high school, they're only 18. He was only 41. He has a younger step-son who is about 10 ish.

His first wife, Melissa (who he had the twins with) is a total asshole. Because of this, the girls want to stay with Sarah (his second wife, who is incredible) but she's not blood related. But then again they are 18 so I guess they can?? But I don't even know. And also Sarah's been more of a real mother to them then their birth mother ever has been.

But it's just really fucked up and shitty. We're hoping because it's so sudden the wake won't be right away and we'll be back for it. My dad was considering canceling the trip even. We'll be back on Friday night, Saturday is chill, Sunday I have a festival and I'm FINALLY seeing my favorite band and meeting up with all my internet friends. But I don't even know anymore.

Mike Santos was my dad's cousin. Out of everyone, my dad was the closest with him. So I guess he's technically my second cousin, but I have a lot of them (I'm Italian and Portuguese) so I call them all aunts and uncles. Anyways, so out of all my dad's cousins, he's the one I was closet with and thought of as a uncle the most. He also had two brothers. Paul and Emmanuel. Emmanuel had to pick the twins up from work when they were expecting their dad and had to tell them that there dad was fucking dead. How. How the fuck.

He was funny. Crazy. Not scared to speak his mind. He loved soccer so friggin much. We'd always watch it as a big family. I don't know, I just can't even process it. Still.

I'm sorry I just had to vent about this real quick cus I'm extremely sad.

•••

Woooah it's Sep 6 (first day of school) and I'm looking through my writing and I do nOT remember writing this but imma publish it rn anyways so deal:) I'm still v emotional, just less, how you say..... wanting to die!