For You To Hear

The cold wind was rattling against their windows when Dec woke up with his taller husband in his arms. He run his hand through the black hair, and hold the palm on his chest and kiss the knuckles. The man cuddled to him sighs and wakes up.

"Good Morning Anth...I love you" Dec says with all sinceriety

Ant smile at him and slowly but lovingly kiss him. Dec knows that's the way of Ant to tell him he loves him. Ant will never say he loves him. He never did and he never can. Ant was mute since he was a child and even if they had tried everything they can to treat him, nothing worked. Doctors said that it  was not physical but psychological and could do nothing about it. He had met Ant when they were teenagers and since then he is his world. Even if Dec know Ant wont utter the three words to him, Dec always fantasized how it would sound like. He loves his slightly younger husband to bits and will forsake everything he has to hear that atleast once from his Ant.

Ant looks at Dec , who is immersed in thoughts and sighs. Dec see guilt on Ant's face and he slowly stroke his cheeks and kiss his forehead "It doesn't matter... I know you love me. I will say that everyday for both us"

Ant hug him tight and reluctantly they gets up and get ready for work. Dec showers and get dressed and walk down to the kitchen to see Ant preparing breakfast. He walk to him and puts his arms around him. Ant holds his arms and lean back. Dec kiss his shoulder
"I have to rush today... will grab something on the way"

Dec see Ant pouting and he stretch up and kiss away the pout "Sorry..I am getting late"

Ant smile at that and nod,hugging him tight. He guestures Dec to take care and Dec grin at that. As Dec get into his car and drive away after blowing a kiss goodbye, Ant sighs in disappointment If only he could tell his husband  how much he loves him

Ant move to the kitchen and clean everything as he also had to go for work. Suddenly his phone blares and knowing its his mom, he sighs and walks to it.As he take it, he see an unknown number flashing and attend it in confusion. An elderly grave voice asks from other side "Hello?! can you hear me?! please respond if you can, its an emergency" the person sounded frustrated and Ant sighs helpless .The other man continues "See, I am an officer at city police department and got this number from emergency contact list of a someone named Declan Donnelly. Who are you and can I speak to you?!"

Ant felt his breath choking him and he ends the call and text the man

"He is my husband.. I am mute.. please tell me where you are and what happened"

The person calls again and says sympethetically "I am sorry but its important and we want you to come to city hospital now. Your husband had been in an accident and is taken here. You better rush"

Ant felt his heart breaking and sobs of helplessness erupt from him. He swiftly take his jacket, wallet, phone, lock the door, get into the car and drive to there. As he reach the hospital, he rush to emergency unit and see a group of cops there . He goes to one of them and guestures to them  Where is my husband?!

The cop look at him in confusion and then things gets cleared. He calls out for his superior "Sir, I think this is that man's husband"

The inspector arrives and frown "Ohh I wasn't expecting...I mean.. Hello... I am sorry we have to say this but your husband is inside undergoing a major surgery. We want you to know that, things are looking not so good and would be better if you can let his family know"

Ant gasp at that and shakes his head. He wanted to scream and scold and swear at the elder man but he cant. Instead his face shifted from despire to frustration to anger and to desperation. Sobs wracked his frame and he shook his head in denial.