Last battle

Chapter nine

Gray's POV

I lay in bed awake of a new day. Today I have to fight Akira. I really don't want to fight her, why? Because I might have feelings towards her. I don't want to hurt somebody I like, but it's a test to see how I did with learning the new spells. But I guess I'm going at have to fight her.

I got out of bed and took a shower, got dressed in a black t-shirt, jeans, and my long white jacket.

I walked out of the dorm and saw Akira walking towards the guild. I ran to catch up to her. "Hey Akira!" I greeted.

"Oh hey Gray!" She responded. "Ready for our fight today?"

"Yeah, I've been practising a bit."

"Good to hear, but don't think I'm going to be going easy on you!"

"Then I won't go easy on you." I smirked. We walked into the guild and Akira went to go talk with Alison and Lucy, when I saw Natsu talking to Juvia, with Lyon beside her.

"Why are you here Lyon?" I stomped up to him angrily.

"I'm here to see my girlfriend." He smirked.

"Girlfriend!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, Juvia here is my girlfriend." He explained

"Yes, Juvia is lyon's Girlfriend. Juvia has no feeling for Gray-sama." Juvia said.

"That's fine, I never liked you anyway." I said harshly and walked over to where Akira and Lucy were talking to Alison.

"Hey Akira, wanna have our battle now? I asked.

"Sure, just let me finish my smoothie."

"Okay." I said, walking out of the guild and towards the back to the field, to analyze my surroundings for the battle.

Akira came out five minutes later, "Sorry, Lucy won't stop blabbing about this guy named Sting." She apologized.

"It's okay she never does." I said truthfully.

"Hey guys I brought an audience!" Happy shouted with the whole guild behind him. Guildarts was even here since he came for the week then had to go in another job. I sweatdropped. Did the whole guild have to come?

"Anyways let's get this over with." I said, putting my left fist into my right palm, getting ready.

"If you say so." Akira smirked.

"Let the battle begin!" Erza shouted out.

"Ice make: Lance!" I shouted. Arrows of ice shooting at her out of the ground.

"Ice make: Shield." She chanted, a shield of ice protecting her. "I told you, I'm not going easy on you." The guild all 'oohed' and I rolled my eyes.

Akira started to run towards me "Ice make: floor!" I quickly chanted, the ground covered in an layer of ice, she slipped and fell backward onto her bottom. "Ice make: Wings!" She chanted, flying upwards.

"Ice make: sphere!" I yelled out, a ball of ice rapidly taking shape in my hands. I quickly shot the ball of ice towards her and her down, her falling down towards the ground.

"Ice make: flakes!" She called out before she hit the ground. Giant flakes of ice came at me, quickly wrapping me up, not able to get free by force.

"Ice make: spikes." I chanted, spikes shooting outwards from my body, breaking free from the ice flakes. She growled.

"Ice make: Flames!" She chanted, ice that looked like flames came shooting towards me, I quickly dodged them.

"Ice make: monster!" I yelled, a monster made of ice growing in size, rushing towards Akira throwing fists.

"You wanna play that game huh?" She taunted. "Ice make: hammer." She summoned a giant hammer that crushed my monster.

"You know, from the little amount of ice dragon slayer magic you taught you taught me, I taught myself a few spells." I taunted. "Ice dragons: Roar!" I shouted, shard of ice came rushing towards her at high speeds hitting her.

She fell backwards, groaning in slight pain, she got up slowly, "very impressive. Ice dragons: blizzard." She said. A blizzard of ice and snow came rushing at me. Hitting me at full force.

I dug my feet into the ground, trying to keep my balance but failed falling backwards at the sheer force of the blow. I got up, I can cast this one last spell and end it, or I can be defeated with other spells.

"Ice dragons: wing slash!" I chanted wings of ice attached to my arms, I swung at her hitting her a couple of times, I backed away while the spell wore off.

"Ice dragons: Roar!" She chanted, ice rushing towards me. I quickly dodged by jumping off to the side.

"I'm ending this." I paused taking a heavy breath. "Ice Aurora!" I yelled. A light blue light emitted as Light blue flames covered in ice shot at her, taking her down instantly.

"How come he gets to use that spell!" Lucy shouted.

"This match is over!" Erza called. Wendy running over to Akira, as Lucy ran over to me, as my body fell to the ground. 5 minutes later Wendy came and healed me, Lucy and Alison helped me walk to the guilds infirmary as Elfman carried Akira. Mira came and bandaged our wounds and told us to rest.

I fell asleep shortly after Akira, thinking of how I would do as a fourth generation ice dragon slayer,