13 | Nothing on me

P A R K E R

13 | nothing on me

I CAN'T BELIEVE Trey Holt - the orangutan I call my brother - agreed for me to go on a date. A date. Me. Its unbelievable. Another thing that's hard to believe is that, he actually thought that of all the male specimen I would go on a date with, I pick Sean Bryan. Cousin of Bryce Bryan. Bryce Bryan, my boyfriend who I just buried six months ago.

Unbelievable.

I couldn't even concentrate on the truck anymore, I was busy rambling in my head and glaring at anything I could set my eyes on. Trey didn't give me an option, he wanted me to leave with Sean as soon as. But I pleaded to be allowed to finish on the truck before I go anywhere. I'm so mad at Sean, my head wants to explode. A date?! Seriously. Just when I was starting to open up to him, he pulls a stunt like this.

Unfortunately, I finish up the truck and when I turn on the ignition, it starts up like a cub.

"That was fast." Sean says and I look up to see him leaning on one of the poles connected from roof to bottom. His arms are crossed in front of him, making him look huge. I glare at him and his stupid biceps.

"Have you been standing there for long?" I ask tossing my rag to the floor.

"Yup but don't worry, all your rambling was done in your head and I was left trying to decipher your expression." He says with a half smirk.

I give him a tight smile, "Well, I hope you deciphered correctly."

"I think I did." He says with a nod and I just roll my eyes and walk away. Entering into Trey's office.

I ignore Trey and start changing out of the jumper.

"Oh come on, you're mad." Trey says, dropping his pen down and spinning around to face me. I don't say anything. "Parker going out would be great for you, and it's Sean. You trust him remember."

Um, since when? I wanted to bite out at him but instead I bit down on my tongue. I'm giving him the silent treatment. I dump the jumper down and pull on my shirt.

I hear Trey sigh, "Just have fun. Or at least try to."

I walk out the office, banging the door loudly. He shouts my name and I try not to wince or laugh, that almost went too far. I meet up with Sean and walk right out. He follows behind me and once we've said bye to Declan and were now outside, I turn to face Sean.

"I don't want to go on a date with you Sean." I blurt out and wait for him to say something like, yeah, me too. I can't believe you believed that. But instead;

Sean sighs, "Its not a date date Parker, I just..." Pause. "Okay, I have no reason why I said that, I just thought it'll be a cool thing to say."

"Newsflash, it wasn't."

"I can see that-- I saw that-- I'm seeing--"

"Sean." I cut him off and believe it or not, I want to smile. Sometimes, he can be really adorable.

Sean smiles and I try to keep my frown on. He reaches his thumb out and presses it again my cheek, wiping on it. I blush, slanting my face to a side. His hand is cold but not the repelling kind of cold. A very very comfortable one. "There, I wiped your grease smudge, now we're even."