23 | insight and loops

P A R K E R

23 |insight and likes

"I want to throw a party," Clement says, breaking through the silence of the room.

I hold in a groan as Nova shuffles around on the bed, her leg barely missing me as she turns so she can look at Clement where she's sat on the ground. "Why, when and where?"

Clement refused to stay on the bed because she complains that just looking at my comfortable bed makes her want to sleep, so she opted on sitting on floor. I hear her chuckle, "you don't need a reason to party, Blondie."

Oh good God.

"My name's Nova, not Blondie."

"Nova, Blondie what's the difference?" Clement asks clearly looking for Nova's trouble.

"One's my name, the other isn't." I can already imagine Nova glaring at Clement. Her face getting all redder.

"People answer things related to them, like Blondie for example, no biggie about it."

"If everyone should answer things related to them, the world be a confused mess."

"Well, there's no everyone here." Clement argued back, "it's just you. Blondie, no confusion there."

"My name's Nova, just Nova. You should call me by my name or don't bother calling me at all." Nova states and I finally groan out loud, getting up and slowly peeling the face mask off my face.

"It sometimes hard to remember names and nicknames are a thing, you just like making a fuss out of everything." Clement accuses, shaking her head as if I disbelief.

"I don't make a fuss out of everything, you just like attacking and looking for trouble, Clementina." Nova backfires back and if not for my headache, I'd have found all this entertaining.

"That's not my name," Clement says in a low voice.

"Well, that's more your name than Blondie is mine."

"Can you guys stop fighting? You came here for me, remember?" I say and they both turn to glare at me. I raise my hand up in surrender. "Fine, kill yourself. Take off your shirts and hash it out, right here, right now."

"Why do we need to take off our shirts?" Nova asks, scrunching her face up in disgust as she raised her brow at me.

I shrug, getting off the bed. "I don't know, to leave deeper marks?"

"I don't want to fight her, she'd die if I lay a finger on her." Clement says, smirking slightly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nova asks and I'm really tempted to bang my head on the wall.

"That you're—"

"Clement, stop." I rush out, putting my hand out like a stop sign.

"No, speak. I want to hear what she has to say." Nova says glaring.

"No, you don't Nova." I grumble. "Can you guys stop, I'm sick here."

"Fine, let's make peace." Clement says and Nova rolls her eyes.

"I don't even know why I called you here."

"You called me because I'm the light that brightens up your boring world." Clement says, smirking.

"You wish. I made a mistake is all."

Clement sighs, "so you don't want to be called Barbie or Blondie?"

"No b anything."

"Including babe?"

"Especially that."