14 | Only one

P A R K E R

14 | only one

THE RAIN'S POURING down heavily and I'm actually scared of the thought of dressing up and going to school. This day was defined the minute I opened up my eyes and saw the fat rain drops pouring down and making sounds on my window. The day had automatically taken a turn for the worst.

I don't get how people seem to like the rain. I have never liked it and I don't think I ever will. It makes everywhere gloomy, muddy and it literally drags deep dark thoughts out of me. I watch the rain and my mind starts wandering. Even when Bryce was around, he'll always startle me back to reality from whatever dreamy state the rain drops drags me into. I'll think of my father, my life after Payne, me and him, our friends. Anything at all.

I don't like the rain and it not just because of the fact that I look like a duck when wet.

Something makes me open up my window and the gush of wind that comes running in concludes the decision I've been trying to make all the fifteen minutes I've been staring at my window; no more school for me today. When I happy sigh I jump back to my bed and pull the covers over me.

There's only one good thing with the rain - it helps me sleep like a baby.

My sleep wasn't long lasting however because the minute I start drifting off, my bedroom doors opens up and I hear -

"You're still in bed?"

After that follow a series of pats and shakes from no other than the famous notorious Sean Bryan. I groan turning over, trying to escape his excruciating voice. Why is he here? My eyes snap open when I feel some kind of liquid drop on my face. I didn't hear Sean move so where did the liquid come from. Oh no.

"Is that saliva?" I yell, turning to face him with wide eyes and dropping jaw. "Did you spit on me Sean?!"

He just smirks while I wipe at my face and try to detect the substance. "What if I did?"

"Sean!"

He breaks into a loud laugh, bending over and supporting himself with knees. I glare at him, every second hotter than the last. He eventually stops laughing and rubs the back of his palm around his eyes like a puppy.

"No, Parker, I didn't spit on you. What do you take me for?"

"A disgusting jerky asshole." I answer immediately and he winks. I sigh, "that wasn't a compliment."

"To you."

I sigh again, "What was it then, if not your freaking saliva?"

He bends down towards me and runs his hand through his hair, subsequently making water from his wet hair splash at me.

"Ew, get away!" I yell jumping out. "You were out in the rain? No umbrella or something?"

"I couldn't find where Margaret keeps them so I just ran over here." He slumps down on my bed, stretching his long legs forward. "So why aren't you dressed?"

"Because I was still asleep. I don't want to go anywhere today." I grumble out searching my flip flops.

"Not option. We have school and we're going."

I place my hand on my hip and narrow my eyes at him. "Why we?"

"Us. Me and you. And because you're my only source of transportation." He replies casually, resting his hands behind his head and letting his eyes eye me.