Best Thing That Ever Happened

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

I was hidden behind a boulder, which sat in the rubble of an old house, watching the great battle take place in front of me. The sound of gunfire and explosions rattled inside my ears. I covered my head to protect myself from the flying debris and the dead robot bodies that had made their way through the air. I watched as the Autobots fought brave and hard. They were vastly outnumbered and with more enemy bots advancing onto the battlefield, I feared that it may soon be too late for them and for us as well. This was worse than anything I had ever seen. The battle in Hong Kong didn't nearly compare to the catastrophic events that were taking place here in this very moment.

My little sister, Lynleigh, sat over in a corner that used to belong to a taxing office, while Jason tried his best to shield her from the destruction. Gracie had fled with my dad and Joshua, and they were now over by a pillar at the opposite end of the battlefield. My dad had his alien gun cocked up, focusing on shooting down the enemy bots all while trying to protect Gracie in the process.

I was focusing closely on my father when I heard it. A very familiar, yet a very distressed whir tore my attention away from my father. I scanned over the battlefield, desperately searching for the bot it had come from, but with no such luck. It sounded again and panic overtook my body. I scanned harder until my eyes finally landed on the yellow bot. He was struggling in the grip of a larger tan bot, but was failing to break free. I withdrew myself from my spot behind the boulder and slid over to a nearby pillar, coating my jeans with a layer of dust as I did.

"Bumblebee," I called softly.

His gaze locked with mine, sadness deep in his optics. He shook his head at me as if warning me not to interfere. The tan mech reached behind him and took out a very large sword. My eyes widened in horror as I realized what the bot's intentions were. I removed myself from my spot behind the pillar and began running towards Bumblebee who looked at me, fear now in his blue optics. I heard someone yell my name and then I was tackled to the ground. I struggled in my captor's grasp and flipped myself over to look at Bee.

"We had a good run, Rose. Stay safe-little lady," he said to me.

The tears spilled out of my eyes as I watched the tan mech raise the sword above Bee. I struggled harder than ever, just hoping I could find some way to help him. I let out a whimper as I was pinned to the ground.

"Bumblebee! No, no, no! Please don't!" I yelled.

The tan mech turned his attention towards me. He gave me one of the most sinister smiles I had ever seen, on a robot or human alike, and turned back to the yellow bot. I cried out as he plunged the blade deep into his chest.

"BUMBLEBEE! NO! PLEASE!" I cried as I thrashed around on the ground.

I watched in horror as his metal body hit the ground. His still-blue optics met my gaze for a fraction of a second before dimming and finally going out. I sobbed loudly as I stared at the lifeless yellow mech in front of me. A strong aching pain made its way throughout my body and I fell limp. Everything else going on around me suddenly seemed irrelevant. I felt as if my heart was being ripped out of my chest. My best friend was just killed. .right in front of my face, and I couldn't even help him.

____________________

"Rosalie!" someone called as they shook me.

I gasped and sat up quickly, warm tears still streaming down my face.

What was going on? I saw that I was in my bedroom, but how did I get here? The last thing I remember was the battle. .and Bumblebee. No. He can't be.