Running Up That Hill

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

I was sitting in my room with Gracie, trying to eat some chicken nuggets. One of my favorite foods had never tasted so disgusting in my life. I ate halfway through the fourth one before throwing it in the box and pushing them away from me. I sighed and hugged my knees.

"Hey, you okay?" Gracie asked me.

I gave her a look.

"No. I'm not," I told her.

She let out a sigh.

"I know that it might seem as if I'm been selfish the past few days or so, but I'm not trying to be. I understand that the Autobots lost a member of their family, and that's something that has upset me as well, but everyone has to make me the center of attention and I don't know why. I think it's pretty stupid if you ask me."

"Listen. They suffered a great loss, but they've had it happen so many times before that they're most likely used to it by now. They're going to be fine. Trust me. They're actually more worried about you than anything else," she told me.

"Why is everyone so worried about me?" I snapped.

"Probably because you watched the person or bot you care most about in your life get slaughtered in front of your face. That kind of thing can have an effect on people."

"I could have saved him," I whispered.

"I know that's what you think, but there's nothing that you could've done without getting both of you killed, Rose," she remarked.

"But it isn't fair," I told her, the tears streaming down my face. "How did you feel when it happened?"

"Honestly, I didn't know what to think. All I knew is that my best friend was in pain and I wanted to help you. I couldn't stand seeing you the way you were that day. I had seen you that way only once before and I hoped I would never in my life have to see it again, but I was wrong. I didn't want to believe it had happened either, but after we ran off and I saw him laying there, I knew it was too late," she explained.

"I don't understand why this had to happen."

"Some things you just can't change, Rose," she said.

I looked at her and thought back to the time when he said the exact words to me about Optimus.

"No matter how much you wish you could."

"I know what I have to do. I've known since the day it happened," I told her, my voice cracking from crying.

"And what might that be?" she asked me.

She was going to freak out when I told her, but this has been on my mind for the past three days.

"I'm going to kill Galvatron myself. I have to avenge his death. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I will and that's a promise," I explained to her.

She stared wide eyed at me. I had many more reasons for why I was doing it, but I didn't feel like explaining them to her.

"You're crazy! You'll get yourself killed, Rosalie. This is a suicide mission!" she said.

I just sighed.

"I don't care. If I succeed, then I'll die knowing that he didn't die in vain and that's enough for me," I told her.

"You're crazy. You can't do this," she said.

I was about to respond when someone knocked on the door. Gracie sighed and called for them to come in. The door opened to reveal Colonel Lennox.