Unfathomable

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

I'd sleep forever if I could but, sadly I can't. Waking up just brings me back into my own personal realm of pain and emptiness while sleep takes me away from it, even if it is just for a few hours. Nobody understands how badly I wish this feeling would just go away. I hated it so much and I wanted nothing more than to feel happy again, but right now I knew that wasn't quite possible. In all honesty, I felt like things were getting worse instead of getting better and it wasn't really something that I particularly liked.

At the moment, it was about one o'clock in the afternoon. I was sitting in my desk chair in my bedroom at the base eating a tub of cookie dough ice cream. Will had brought it up to me earlier, saying I needed to at least eat something before I just dropped dead. He was exaggerating, of course, but I took the tub anyway. It was my favorite kind.

The TV on the wall was switched on, soft voices from the cast of The Originals were echoing throughout the small room. I wasn't really paying attention. I only stared blankly at the bright screen while picking out pieces of the cookie dough and putting them into my mouth.

My open window sent a cool breeze into the room and I covered myself with my tan cardigan. In the distance, I could hear the sound of engines revving and the rushed footsteps of many of the soldiers. I shook it off as nothing though and went back to eating my ice cream and staring at the television screen. The sound of my phone ringing tore my attention away from the screen. I picked up my phone that was laying down on the desk and looked at the caller ID. It read: Brooke Hall. I sighed and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Rosalie! It's been a while," her all too perky voice exclaimed.

"What do you want, Brooke?" I countered.

"I saw the picture you posted on Twitter. I'm sorry that your precious car was taken away from you but, you can always come to Virginia and drive mine," she said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Oh. Well. Why do you sound so down? It's just a car," she laughed.

I sighed. If only she knew.

"Why are you calling me?" I asked annoyed.

"I just wanted to catch up."

"Have you forgotten that I don't like you?" I said to her.

"I know, but in reality I've just missed you. You and Gracie both," she said softly.

"Well, I have new friends, Brooke. Anyways, remember? You're too good for us. Just because your high school friends left you doesn't mean you get to come back to us. Besides, I have more important things I need to deal with right now," I said and hung up before she could respond.

My bedroom door clicked open and Gracie came walking in.

"Hey girl," she said.

I gave her a small smile and sat my phone down on the table before picking up the carton of ice cream.

"Hey."

"Since when are you wearing your glasses?" she asked me.

"Since my contact prescription expired. I didn't feel like ordering anymore," I explained.

She nodded.

"So, how are you feeling today?"

"The same way I've been feeling since it happened, only slightly more lively," I replied, sticking the ice cream into my mouth.