c2

the next day

you wake up to a clean white ceiling, although there was no natural light the room was still illuminated by a lamp on the small table next to the bed you were laying on.

you try to sit up but an intense migraine and insane pain in your leg pulled you back down, "you awake?" a light voice popped up besides you.

"y-yeah i am," you manage to spit out, "why does my leg hurt?" you whine as pain runs through your leg again.

you begin to sit up and check what was hurting so bad, but the boy pushed you back down, "don't move, just stay laying down. the more you move the more it'll hurt." his soft voice made you feel a lot less intimated.

"w-what happened to me?" you asked, you looked at him with lost eyes.

"uh, how do i put this? well kylie, you were shot." he said, his actions made it seem like he was ready to throw you back down on your bed.

"i was shot? please tell me this is a joke." you laugh, hoping that it was really a joke.

"no, one of our members removed the bullet so you'll be okay, but it'll take a little while to heal. your school has already been notified and you have off
for two weeks. we also tried to notify your parents but," he kept talking until you cut him off.

"my parents are dead."

"i-i know."

you nodded, not the answer you were expecting, but an answer nonetheless.

"so you'll have to stay here for those two weeks. don't worry, you can trust us, my name is youngjae i'll be primarily taking care of you." his voice was calm and soft. he looked too innocent to kidnap anyone, but you didn't let it fool you.

"youngjae, is she okay?" someone said walking into your room.

"she is awake now, but yes she will be okay." youngjae said smiling back down at you.

"i have to go get her medicine, just stay here you can keep her company." youngjae said walking out of the room.

"who are you?" you ask the new guy.

"i'm jaebum," (why did i laugh) he said. "i was the one with you last night when you got shot."

you nodded and then it all came rushing back to you. "oh, oh my god." you whisper, "wait so who shot me?" you ask, your voice shaky.

"xu minghao."