c3

"i'm sorry, you're joking, right?" you bite your lip, so many thoughts circling your mind.

"who the fuck jokes about getting shot?" jaebum replied furrowing his brows and raising the pitch of his voice.

you groan pulling your sheets over your head and letting the tears, that were stinging your eyes, fall. you didn't believe what you just heard.

"okay," youngjae's uplifting voice filled the room, " i have the medice- why is kylie under her sheets?"

"i told her who shot her leg and she gave me a different reaction and i didn't expect it," jaebum shrugged. youngjae could tell jaebum didn't care much, but that was nothing new. jaebum didn't share much emotion when it came to anything.

"you dummy, i told you not to tell her!" youngjae threw his hands in the air and scrunched up his face.

"oops," jaebum rolled his eyes and slouched back in his chair.

"whatever, don't mind him he's just naturally a jerk." youngjae laughed.

"hey that's considered rude," jaebum planted a false pout on his face, youngjae ignored him and handed you the pills.

you held the small blue pills in your palm, studying both them and the two boys in front of you.

"the pills go in your mouth, they don't melt into your palm and magically heal you." jaebum muttered.

"yes i know, but i don't know who the hell you two are. y'all could be trying to kill me or something..." you trail off realizing how stupid that sounded.

"if we were going to 'kill' you, don't you think we would've already done it?" jaebum laughed at his own joke, which made you cringe.

"whatever, yolo," you whisper and throw the pills in your mouth, washing them down with a glass of water youngjae was holding out to you.

"thank you," you said gratefully, "i think i'm going to try and nap i'm absolutely exhausted." you say moving your body into a more comfortable position to sleep in.

"no problem, i'll wake you when dinner is ready." youngjae said, still smiling. both of the boys left the room and went separate ways out the door.

you close your eyes still trying to process what you had just been told. the guy named jaebum said you had been shot by minghao... minghao was your boyfriend of almost two years. you couldn't even begin to believe what the stranger told you.

"he doesn't know what he's talking about," you whisper to yourself. you bite your lil trying not to cry. "don't cry, you don't even know if what he says is true." you whisper again.

__

"kylie, wake up. dinner is ready." you hear a familiar soft voice. you open your eyes to be greeted to a shining sunshine.

"hi," you say softly, giving youngjae a slight smile. he smiled brightly and placed a tray of food next to you.

you looked at the food longingly, "it's for you, now eat." youngjae said trying to put on a strict face, but failing and melting into a puddle of giggles.

"you're so adorable," you smile, your mouth full of rice. he laughed again, "thank you~" his cheeks turned to a light pink. not because he had a crush on kylie, that was just his immediate reaction when people complimented him.

"hi, how are you kylie?" jaebum said entering the room kylie was in. he sat back down in the chair he sat in earlier that morning.

"i'm okay," you reply honestly, "just still a little shaken and confused." you laugh.

jaebum nodded, "that's normal, it'll go away with time."

"how much time?" you ask, you hoped it wouldn't be long and you'd be able to get out of this room and back to school. you cringed at the thought of all your missed work.

"well as i said, you have about two weeks off from school, but if needed you can take more off. in two weeks you'll start to feel a little better, but you won't be fully healed for another six months." youngjae said grabbing your medicine capsule and shaking it so two pills would roll onto his palm.

"take these, i have to grab the other ones," he said gently handing you the blue pills. you rolled your eyes, but instead of protesting you just threw the pills in your mouth and washed them down with water.

"jesus, how many do i have to take?" you whine as youngjae came back, his hands full of medicine containers.

"well i mean you were shot kylie, what did you expect?" youngjae said placing all the medication on the table next to your bed.

you sigh and allow youngjae to hand you the meds. after you took your meds youngjae left you, now the room was nearly empty. "what were you doing out at 3 AM?" jaebum quizzed you.

"i was hungry and i wanted ramen," you pouted, realizing how all of this could've been avoided if you weren't so picky.

"and this is why you don't by ramen at 3:30 AM," jaebum said shaking his head.