c20

jaebum hushed your cries, his arm around your waist, protectively. "you're not there anymore, you're safe now." he assured.

"y-you've said that before," you choke on your words. jaebum sighed in response, he knew he couldn't keep telling you these things. he knew you weren't safe, you knew you weren't safe.

the car ride was silent, except for nearly inaudible whimpers leaving jaebum's parted lips. he prayed that they went unheard, but he knew they did not when you looked up at him confused.

"it's nothing," he said, reassuringly. as soon as jackson pulled into the driveway of the house, jaebum picked you up bridal style and carried you into the house.

he set you down in a room you've never been in, it looked like a replica of a hospital room. youngjae was sitting there, like he was anticipating your arrival.

he flashed you a worried look as jaebum set you down on the small cot. he smiled at you lazily, "mark is in the room next to us, please go get checked out, as soon as i'm done i'll help you." youngjae ordered.

"ky, listen to me. i'm going to check you out, but i'm going to need to lift your shirt, is that okay?" he asked politely. you nod, you lifted your shirt to show your midriff. his eyes widened momentarily as he looked at your beat up abdomen.

his eyes met yours, hurt and sympathy gazed back at you, "i'm sorry," he mouthed. you shook your head, not wanting to meet his eyes, he nodded understandingly and began bandaging your cuts and bruises.

you whispered 'thank you' and he nodded. "go get some rest, you probably haven't slept in days," he said sweetly. you nod and limp down the hall to your room.

even though you had millions of unanswered questions swarming your mind, you though it better to leave them unanswered, for now at least.

you closed your eyes, but laid restlessly. images of minghao, mingyu, and seungcheol danced in your head (this sum nutcracker shit). this made it near impossible to get proper sleep, you took a deep breath and flipped on your other side, thinking it would help. it didn't.

you sighed heavily, throwing the weighted comforter off your weak body. you threw yourself out of bed and crept along the cold hardwood floors. you searched for the room you knew jaebum was is. once you found it, you knocked gently before entering.

you heard a soft, "come in," before actually opening the door. you smiled slightly at jaebum who laid covered in a thin, blue blanket. he smiled back, "how're you feeling?" he asked. you nodded as if to say better, it was still hard to find words.

"w-what happened to y-you," you manage to whisper. "just a gun wound, should be better in a day or two," he rubbed it off.

your eyes widened, "gun wound? where? are you okay?" you ask frantically. "kylie, kylie, calm down. i'm fine, i'm fine." jaebum reassures you.

"no, that's not okay. it's all my fault, i'm so sorry," you said, teary eyed.

"kylie, listen," he said taking your hand in his, his hand was soft and warm, "i know you're shocked, and i know you have plenty of questions that you want answered. i promise you, i am okay, this isn't anything out of the normal. and we will answer all of your questions, just not now." he said, squeezing your hand.

although, you were confused, you nod. "c-can i stay here tonight?" you point to the chair next to you. he nods and smiled at you, handing you an extra blanket from the cabinet next to him. you thank him, wrapping your entire body in the soft material.

"goodnight, beautiful," jaebum whispers, but you were already asleep.