c26

"what the hell was that?" youngjae asked, as soon as he felt they were a safe distance away.

"what do you mean?" you ask, gasping for air. youngjae looked at you dumbfounded, "kylie, you like climbed inside the guys head. it's like you've known him your whole life?"

"his office gave it away. family picture was on his desk. wife was pregnant with a sign saying the child's due date - the theme was blue, so my guess is it was a boy. man had a daughter scooped up in his arms, looked just like him. now, the whole lawyer thing was just a wild puzzle i pulled together. when i was looking around the filing cabinet, there was a folder with the word 'reports'. i was curious, so i checked and there was 'information' on some case i've never heard before. that one was kind of a stretch, i'm amazed i guessed right." you smile.

youngjae seemed just as amazed and surprised as you did. nonetheless, he was happy both of you were safe.

"oh yeah, and i also grabbed his gun and phone on the way out," you smirk, showing off the items you successfully snatched from the mans waist belt.

at first youngjae's eyes went big, "uh, ky, your fingerprints are on that now?"

"not with these gloves they aren't," you wink, sliding the gun and phone into a compartment in your belt and running off to meet the other boys.

once meeting up with everyone, you exchanged relieved smiles before getting into your designated cars and driving off.

back at the house, the boys (and you) sat around the table; celebrating tonight's success. "i'm telling you, you should've seen her. she was incredible! it was like she climbed right into his mind and picked apart every little detail, and she knew these details would beat him down." youngjae fawned over your performance at the mission.

"we're all very proud of you," mark smiled, taking a bite of the victory pizza that was spread out over the table.

the dining room cleared out soon after, the boys were practically battling exhaustion while eating, if they stayed up any longer, they might've fallen into the pizza.

you and jaebeom were the only two left, helping one another clean up the left over pizza boxes and washing the dishes.

"you still regret letting me go tonight?" you ask, not looking up from the sink.
"part of me does, yes. but by the way youngjae explained it, it seems like i was stressing over nothing," jaebeom smiled in return.

"why were you so worried? do you not believe in me?" you ask, turning around to meet eyes with him.

"actually, it's the opposite. i'm worried you'll have too much confidence going into missions and it'll all blow up in your face," jaebeom confessed, sitting down at the kitchen island.

you joined him in sitting down, "but how would you know? the only experience you've had in this whole recruitment thing, was the six boys that have been here since the start."

"that's not true, actually." jaebeom defends himself, to this, you're intrigued. "there was a girl, her name was hyejin. and hyejin meant a lot to me, like a lot. as in, i was in love with hyejin. so, i let her join in on a mission, i thought it could be beneficial. but she didn't make it, and it happened on my watch." jaebeom told you, not even noticing the fact that he's taken your hands into his, and was drawing small circles with his thumbs onto the back of them.

well, maybe he did know,  but we don't have to get into detail. you feel your body tense up and his new confession. "the people just.. killed her?" you ask shakily.

he nodded, "and i won't, no, i can't let that happen to you." you're tempted to ask why, but you already know the answer. the thought of jaebeom liking you in a way more than friends do, has your heart skipping at least three beats.

"what're you thinking about," jaebeom asks, concerned from the break in eye contact. you smile, looking back up at him, leaning in, and kissing him.