c19

"mark, mark!" jaebum yelled tumbling into the house, "i need you to track a phone," he said quickly. it came out as more of a foreign language rather than a proper sentence.

"you need me to, what, a what?" he asked standing up.

"track. a. phone."

"oh yeah! i can do that, come on," mark took jaebum downstairs to his "office". there were multiple computers lines against a wall, and a laptop on his desk.

he unlocked it, immediately pulling up a site, "what's the phone number?" he asked casually.

"um, •••-•••-••••, i believe," jaebum recited your number as best to his ability. he watched as mark quickly typed the stated numbers into a code bar.  

"anything?" jaebum quizzed, impatiently.

"it hasn't even loaded the number, calm down," mark rolled his eyes, "who are you even tracking?"

"kylie."

"oh fuck," mark clicked a button, making the loading bar finish collecting its data. "it says she's 17 diamond road," he said pointing out the location on the computer screen.

jaebum looked at it for a moment before running upstairs, into the garage, onto his motorcycle, and onto the street. his face molded into a straight, determined look. he needed you back.

he made it to the location and parked right in front of it, he wasn't scared, god no. he was ready, he was furious. he stormed around the perimeter as he talked on the phone with jackson and bambam, jinyoung was already mapping out his entry on the other line, all he needed was backup.

"go through the back, there is a trap door, mark just hacked both the alarm system and cameras, you should be safe." jinyoung spoke into the headset.

"jackson and i are right around the corner, tell us a safe place to park," bambam also added.

"anywhere is fine, i don't care anymore, they can shoot me if they want, but they can never take that girl away." jaebum said.

"are you in, jae?" jinyoung asks. jaebum replied with a hushed, yes. he snuck around the underground headquarters, trying to find where you were stationed without letting anyone know he was here.

()()()()()()

you sat in silence as minghao circled you, laughing at you, teasing you, telling you no one cared enough to find you.

you were honestly starting to believe him. the way the hurtful words just rolled off his tongue like that made you feel as if he did sincerely mean what he was saying.

"jaebum isn't coming for y—" he stopped mid-sentence as the door swung open and in came jaebum. dressed in the same suit he was when you went to the party only a day before.

you try and smile, but your features refused it. you looked at him with helpless eyes. "you psychopath, who the fuck do you think you are to just take her. get it out of your head, she doesn't love you," he yelled.

"s-shoot him," you tremble. jaebum looks at you funkily, but obeys. shooting minghao right in the leg. you gasp as jaebum untied you from your captive space. your hands badly scarred and bloody from the tight knots holding them off. bruises covered your entire body, it was so hard for jaebum to even look at.

minghao laid doubled over in pain, holding at his leg, "someone get that bastard!" he yelled. and soon you were surrounded. you heard jaebum mumble something into a headset and soon guns were being fired everywhere.

"let's go, we're going to run," jaebum whispered softly. although you were extremely overwhelmed, you nodded and followed jae to a part of the underground "lair". more gunshots were heard as the two of you ran for the exit.

jaebum set you in front of him, sending you up the ladder, he followed close behind. once you reached air, you broke into more sobs, jaebum picked you up bridal style and placed you in the back of his vehicle. he fastened the helmet on your head and placed your weak arms around his body.

he warmed up at your touch, but scolded his feeling away. this was no time to get excited over his crush touching him, he needed to get you home.

you sniffled, still crying by the amount of stress and overwhelmed feeling. you hugged jae tightly as if he was your lifeline. which he technically was.

_________

i'm on a roll 😔 i was gonna try and write up to chapter 20 but i'm exhausted so i'll just write it tomorrow morning :)❤️❤️