c28

training wasn't easy, and one whole month of learning that the hard way didn't change your mind. you'd wake up, eat, and train until the sun left the sky and was replaced by twinkling stars.

sometimes, you'd stay up until the sun decides to show itself once more. soon, sleep became a privilege.

"good morning," you were greeted at a bright and early 6 a.m.

"good morning, youngjae," you smiled fondly at the boy, "how'd you sleep?" you asked, pulling out the fruit bowl from near the sink.

"i slept well, how about you?"

"didn't sleep. too busy training," you suppress a lighthearted chuckle before taking a bite of an apple you took from the bowl.

"focus more on your sleep, training can wait. sleep is important," he reminded you. you nod at the all to familiar scolding you got from every member.

"i know, i know. i just need to prove myself. jae still doesn't think i'm ready, but i know i am. for goodness sakes, even jinyoung thinks i'm ready," you respond, trying not to get too worked up.

however, it was hard not to. jaebeom still wasn't all the way on board with you joining the gang. he made his worries very clear and you spent a whole month reassuring him that you'd be completely fine.

even with the constant bickering, you and jaebeom became so much closer in the past month. it was no secret that you both had insane chemistry, but jaebeom refused to let another relationship get in the way of his job. this often caused a lot of arguments between not only you and him, but him and his other gang members.

they all hated to watch him indirectly lead you on, just to turn down any idea to do with a committed relationship. it broke you, honestly. you wouldn't let anyone know that, you wouldn't even admit that to yourself. but it did.

"i think you're ready too," youngjae replies, making you snap out of your thoughts, "but it isn't our choice. it's his. i thought i was ready too, but now that i look back, i definitely wasn't."

you nod, still feeling sorry for yourself. you two sat in silence, enjoying each other's company. "good morning," you hear from the entrance of the kitchen. a sleepy jaebeom appeared, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"good morning," you and youngjae say in unison. jaebeom smiled and continued about his morning.

"mission today; got a call late last night from mark, he found something suspicious in seventeen's headquarters."

"like what?" you question.

"he hacked into their credit card system to see if there was any new purchases that could be potentially dangerous. to no ones surprise, there were recent purchases and they are as dangerous as we expected them to be."

you nod and youngjae sips at his coffee, "kylie is coming, correct?" he asks.

jaebeom is hesitant to answer, "maybe."

you roll your eyes and walk away. it still didn't make any sense to you, you were part of this team, why were you still forced to sit out of everything?

hi guys!! i'm sorry for the random break :( i hit a really massive writers block for this book and i lost all motivation for it. i don't love what i've done with the book, but i do love all the support guys give.

- k <3

(also not proof read because i know if i go back and read it, i won't like what i put on the page)