c21

you awoke to an empty room, you looked around before getting up yourself. you rubbed your eyes, tiredly, "oh, good! you're up!" you heard a voice from the door frame, you knew it was mark. you had never really talked to him personally, but he had a very distinct voice. hard to miss.

"yeah, i'm up," you laugh, which turned into a yawn. "you can come down when you want, jinyoung is making breakfast now." mark said softly.

you nod, "i don't have to go to school, right?" you ask hopeful.

"no, not yet at least. there's a chance you might not even go back, we haven't decided." he replied. you nod, then become wide-eyed. it had just hit you, you might never have to see minghao and anyone of those jerks again.

you sighed in relief, mark had left the room already, which you didn't mind. the silence was somewhat comfortable, you stood up and started down to the kitchen.

most of the group was gathered there, with the exception of jackson, jaebeom, and youngjae. you smile at the four boys, "where are they?" you asked, sitting down.

"they're out right now, they should be back soon," mark responded. you nod, understandingly, toying with the food on your plate. you didn't know why, but the thought of the three boys not being here, left you really unsettled.

"they're going to be fine," jinyoung whispered softly, it was one of the very few verbal interactions you guys had, but it honestly was comforting hearing those words.

"kylie," you heard mark peak into the room, "can you come here for a second?" he asked, holding a manila folder in his hand. you got up and met him in a closed off room.

it seemed to be an office of some sort, "you can have a seat," he offered. you nod and say down across from the mahogany desk in front of you.

"so, i really shouldn't be explain this to you without jaebeom, but seeing as you're obviously uncomfortable, i might as well tell you." mark said walking around the small room.

"maybe, maybe we should wait," you said, nervously. "i don't know, i just feel like, he would want to be here for whatever you're about to say."

"well, we might be waiting a while," he said, taking a seat in the leather chair. "that's okay," you whisper.

nearly 20 minutes past when jaebeom finally tumbled into the office, "you wanted to see me?" he asked.

mark nodded and pointed to you, jaebeom smiled at you, running his hand through his hair, which seemed damp with sweat. you smiled back, shyly. he sat next to you and listened intently to what mark had to say.

"i think it's about time, we tell her," mark said flatly. you look back and forth between jaebeom and mark, a puzzled look painted on your face. jaebeom nodded after sometime, "i suppose," he leaned back. he looked somewhat defeated.

"you can't just hide this from her, forever," mark rolled his eyes, leaning forward.

"you're right, you're right."

"okay, how long is this going to take, you guys are making me nervous," you finally speak up.

"oh right, uh," mark started. "there is no real easy way to come about this, we understand if you're scared or nervous. we understand that you will most likely want to leave, but you can't."

"just tell me."

"we're in a gang, all seven of us," jaebeom said slowly. he probably thought you'd be scared, but you laughed. "you guys? a gang?" you pointed between the two of them.

mark nodded, "even youngjae. you're trying to tell me youngjae is in this 'gang'?"

they nod in unison. you sit back, trying to process the idea. you definitely didn't fully doubt it. jaebeom saving you that one time, and that other time, ...and that other time. he seemed to handle a gun pretty well, which was terrifying.