V - Accolade

Chapter 5 – Accolade

"Haaaah?" Airee stared at the two guys in front of her.

"I said we're forming a band and we want you to be in it." Ritsu repeated.

They were in front of the cafe where Airee works and before she could even step foot inside, the two lads rushed to her and asked her the most insane question she's ever heard from two strangers.

"What?" Airee managed to let out. "You don't know me. I don't even sing!" She added.

Adrian smirked, adjusting his imaginary glasses.

"That's where you're wrong, young lady. We definitely know you can sing, otherwise, we wouldn't be here." He said, Ritsu nodded.

"No." She rejected.

Adrian's and Ritsu's smiles turned upside down at her response.

"What? Why?" Ritsu groaned.

"Come on, let's not put that talent and voice to waste. You have a beautiful voice, and that song you were singing was-"

"Wait, what? What are you talking about? And how'd you know about any of that? Have you been stalking me?" Airee interrupted.

"Too many questions." Adrian muttered out.

"We didn't mean to! I swear." Ritsu barged in. Airee looked at him, urging for him to continue.

"We just passed by the music room earlier and heard the song you were singing and playing on the piano. I knew right away it was an original since you kept stopping in the middle and scribbling words on the paper. Right then and there, we want you to be our voice. We need you." Adrian explained.

"No." She simply said.

"What? Why?" Ritsu groaned.

"Look, I don't have time for this. Music is just a hobby for me to pass the time." She replied and turned on her heels and started making her way in to the cafe. However, Adrian's words caught her off guard.

"That's not true. You're lying to yourself." He started.

"Aid..." Ritsu whispered.

"If you weren't passionate about music you wouldn't even bother on going to our institute just to play the piano. If music is just a hobby to you then you wouldn't try so hard in composing a melody and thinking of words that would fit your song and you wouldn't look so happy while doing so." Adrian elaborated.

Ritsu and Airee stared at him with wide eyes.

Airee shook her head. "You're delusional. You know nothing about me."

"We're going to be waiting here...everyday. Until you say 'yes'." Adrian said and Ritsu nodded in agreement.

"Suit yourself." Airee shook her head again before entering the cafe.

One week later, the two lads continued to wait for her outside of the cafe, occasionally, inside the cafe, if they were up for drinks and some desserts. But most of the time, the two lads waited outside for her, from the time she starts her shift up until her shift is over. She never missed the way the two looked at her with hopeful gleams in their eyes but paid no heed and walked past them.