XVII - Breath Mark

Chapter 17 – Breath Mark

"Lunch is ready, everyone!" Tomoya and Ryota called out from downstairs. Seconds later, a series of door slams was heard from upstairs followed by the continuous sound of footsteps on the hardwood and everyone was in the kitchen, well,except for Airee.

"Lunch, finally!" Taka cheered.

"Eat a lot! We ordered pizza, too, we can eat them later inside the bus." Ryota said before setting down a pitcher of water on the table.

"I'll go call Airee." Calum said, standing up from his seat and everyone went silent.

He turned around and asked, "What?"

"Nothing, go ahead." Taka grinned and Calum went upstairs.

"Woah, what did we miss?" Adrian and Ritsu asked.

Ashton, Luke and Michael cheered and fist bumped each other.

"Looks like they're okay now." Toru smiled, sipping on his glass of water.

"We have to give Calum lots of pudding for a job well done." Ritsu said and everyone laughed.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Calum walked through the hall until he reached the door to Airee's room. He recalled Ryota telling him that they purposely gave Airee the farthest room because it was the largest and the safest and because they just love spoiling her too much.

He knocked on the door and when he heard a muffled "It's open.", he opened the door himself and peeked in. He saw her in front of the mirror, combing her dry hair.

"Oh, hey, what's up?" Airee asked,their eyes meeting through the mirror.

"Tomoya and Ryota called for lunch and everyone is already waiting." Calum smiled.

"Oh really? I didn't hear them,probably because of the sound of the hair dryer." She replied sheepishly. "And why are you standing there? Come in!" She laughed and Calum let himself in and made himself comfortable on her bed.

"Nice room you got here." He said,his eyes wandering around as he waited for her to finish with her hair.

"You probably know that everyone here spoils me rotten." She chuckled before grabbing a hair tie to tie her hair in a loose bun.

"After spending a few days here, yeah, I know." Calum replied with a teasing grin.

She shrugged and they exited her room,heading towards the dining area where everyone is already waiting for them. And as soon as they stepped into the room, Ritsu and Adrian were already in front of Calum, holding loads of pudding to him. Airee laughed and went to her seat.

"You're all alone now, Calum." She laughed upon seeing Calum's confused state.

"Congratulations on a job well done." Adrian said.

"Take these pudding. This is our gift for successfully carrying out your mission in restoring your friendship with Airee." Ritsu said in a dramatic voice which caused everyone to laugh again except for Calum who's still confused.

"Uhmmm...Thank you?"

He took the pudding from them and put them on the breakfast counter before taking his seat, eager to take his lunch. Everyone gathered around the table and they ate their lunch, making conversations here and then.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"So, what happened?" Luke asked Calum.

"Happened with what?" Calum questioned back, pretending he had no idea what he was talking about.