XVI - Maxima

Chapter 16 – Maxima

Night came and after dinner, everyone settled in their respective rooms to get enough rest because tour starts the next day and they have to be at the venue at exactly four in the afternoon for soundcheck since the show will start at around eight.

Calum tossed and turned on his bed,trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in, but no matter how much he tried to close his eyes and kept his mind blank, he just couldn't sleep. He sighed and grabbed his phone from beside him to check the time and it read: two in the morning. Finally giving up,knowing that he won't be able to sleep anytime soon, he decided to get himself some fresh air. He carefully and silently went down from the top bunk, making sure that he wouldn't wake Luke up with his movements. Once his feet finally touched the floor, he grabbed his phone and lit up the screen to see his path, he wouldn't want knocking over some things that'll cause the other three to wake up. Ashton and Michael slept soundly on the bunk opposite to him and Luke, only a two meter space separated their beds.

He successfully exited the room without waking anyone up, which was a start. He walked down the hall and to the sliding door that led to the large balcony which overlooks the pool. He slid the door open and was surprised to see that someone was already there. His mind must have been preoccupied to have not noticed her presence from the large windows he passed by. He gulped when the noise the door made led her to look up at him.

She only gave him a short look before her eyes focused on the paper in front of her again. Not saying anything, she continued to tap her pencil on her cheek as she focused on her thoughts again. Calum was frozen in his spot and he felt that his presence wasn't wanted there so he just stepped back and was about to slide the door close when her voice stopped him.

"You don't have to leave."

Calum bit his lip and stepped out to the balcony, feeling his nerves relax when he felt the three AM breeze hit him. He took a seat on the couch in front opposite to her,his eyes trained on her as she continued to scribble down on her notebook. Since it was just the two of them, maybe it's his chance to finally fix things between them.

"A-a." Calum mentally cursed as he stuttered, Airee looked up at him and waited for him to finish his sentence.

"Are you writing a new song or...?"He finally managed to finish his sentence, surprised that he didn't stutter.

"Yeah." Well, that was expected.Of course, she's gonna settle with one word answers. It's not like she wanted to talk, Calum thought. "We'll be releasing an EP soon before our debut album so, yeah." She added, which surprised Calum.

He nodded. "Yeah, Taka has been talking about it. The song you played earlier was great, by the way." He said sheepishly, scratching his nape.

"Thanks." She smiled, finally meeting his gaze for a moment before looking at her notebook again. Calum was taken back. She actually smiled at him. Okay, it's cool so far. He just hopes he doesn't fuck up too soon.

"I..."

"Hm?"

"I listened to your songs...you know, on Spotify. They're really good." He paused and when he sawher nod, he took that as an invitation to continue. "To be honest with you, I never really knew about SOARA until Taka mentioned that we're touring together. Seems like Luke, Michael and Ashton has been listening to your songs and they're already quite familiar with you when they heard. I just recently got into...you know, your band."He finished.

She breathed out a laugh. "Wow, Calum Hood, I'm hurt. I've been a fan of 5SOS for ages."

He chuckled in reply. "But hey, it doesn't matter, I'm your band's number one fan now."