VII - Bass Clef

Chapter 7 – Bass Clef

"Cheers!" everyone cheered,raising up their wine glasses and tapping them against each other.

"I'm so glad it's over!" Ritsu sighed in relief, leaning into his seat.

"Me too." Adrian agreed.

Everyone just smiled at them. Before their graduation, their parents talked amongst themselves that they were going to reserve and rent a small venue for their kids'graduation and they asked Tomoya to take care of it for them, in which he happily obliged because his brother and juniors are finally graduating and they deserved everything so that's why he picked out an event venue somewhere within Mandarin Oriental Tokyo which overlooks the city. He went with Toru the day before the said event,to make sure that everything is well prepared. And it was. There were no fancy decorations, but Tomoya made sure that the tables were well arranged, and the menu was complete, meaning, that SOARAs favorite food are important and has to be the main dishes of the night. Their parents were really thankful for Tomoya, who gave himself a pat on the back for a job well done.

"Hep hep, we, ONE OK ROCK, have something for you guys!" Taka clapped his hands, diverting everyone's attention to him. His band mates stood up and walked out of the room, Taka following after.

Everyone's eyes are trained on the closed doors, hearing the four lads bickering behind it.

"What are they doing?"Ritsu asked, picking up another sushi from his plate with his chopsticks and putting it in his mouth.

"I think they prepared something for us." Adrian shrugged, and continued to chew on his white dangos dipped in brown sugar sauce.

Airee continued to scroll through her phone, reading manga on a manga reader app.

A few minutes later, the double doors finally opened revealing Ryota carrying a three-layer graduation cake. Everyone's attention shifted to him and they clapped their hands as Ryota walked to where SOARA are, their eyes gleaming at the cake that was placed on their table.

The cake was beautiful. Simple but beautiful. It was white, decorated in black and gray strips, black small graduation caps, red ribbons and topped with a large graduation cap and thin chocolate bars placed all around it.

"W-Wow." was all they managed to say.

"The surprise is not over yet."Ryota winked.

Tomoya, Taka and Toru came in, hands behind their backs like they were hiding something. Everyone had grins on their faces, especially their dads. Their mums are getting emotional and teary-eyed but they were happy and proud of what their kids have achieved. SOARA was as clueless as ever but they knew that these guys have something up on their sleeves but they have no idea what.

The three stopped in front of them with wide grins on their faces.

Taka gave a small cough and the four of them said, "Congratulations on your graduation!"

"Thank you!" The three replied.

"That's not all." Toru said.

"There's more?" Airee blinked.

"Here." Tomoya handed a wrapped object to Airee. Taka and Toru doing the same to Adrian and Ritsu.

"This better not be a prank."Adrian looked at Toru and Taka with suspicion as he shook the wrapped gift. Ritsu doing the same because they were always a victim of Toru and Taka's pranks.

Toru and Taka laughed at that.

"Not this time. It's your graduation, no pranks." Toru crossed his heart, Taka nodded.