XV - Semiquaver

Chapter 15 – Semiquaver

Airee woke up and grabbed her alarm clock on the night stand to see what time it was and it read seven thirty in the morning. She let out a groan as she rubbed her eyes, it was still early and she was sure the rest of the guys was still asleep. She groggily sat up, reluctant in leaving the comfort of her bed, as she walked to the bathroom to freshen herself up. She grabbed her notebook and pen before slightly and slowly opening her door,peeking through to make sure no one is awake. She silently walked through the hall, covering the side of her face because of the intense morning sunlight that pierced through the glass windows, and down the stairs to the rehearsal room.

She turned on the lights as she removed the cover of the Electronic Piano before plugging it in and turning it on. She sat on the cushioned seat and set her notebook in front of her, with the pen beside the notebook. She placed her fingers on the keys and played random chords before she finally settled on a key that she will use for the song. She wrote it down before playing the keys again, but this time, just the melody.

After an hour, she finally put into play the tune that she's been humming that she thought would suit the song as she kept on gliding her fingers on the keys while singing a few of the lyrics here and there, not noticing Adrian and Ritsu watching her from the door. When she finished, she heard an applause from behind her which caused her to turn around and blushed when she realized that her band mates was watching her the whole time.

"Forget breakfast for now, we need to play that! Do that again, Ai, we'll accompany you." Ritsu said, grabbing the cajone that rested on the side of the room while Adrian grabbed the acoustic guitar from its stand and sat down Indian-style on the floor.

Airee chuckled. "I'll be singing this time, okay?"

"Of course." Adrian grinned.

Airee started with an intro before Adrian started strumming his guitar and when Ritsu finally got the song registered in his mind, he slapped on the cajone, producing a beat on the spot. Airee started singing then.

"Sleepless night

Bloodshot morning

Runway lights

London calling

We could be any place, any time, inany moment

It's a race to the line

Break away from the life that they sold ya

Pack a bag, say goodbye

All we know is go,go, go

All we know is go, go, go"

Tomoya noticed that the two took so long from calling Airee for breakfast, the food is getting cold and the others refused to eat breakfast without the trio, everyone was already in the dining area. He decided to follow them when he heard muffled sounds coming from the rehearsal room, looks like someone forgot to close the door.

"Guys. Hear that?" He asked and everyone's attention turned to him. They walked to where the rehearsal room is, the sounds getting louder as they got closer. They didn't dare make a sound, as not to disturb the trio's moment. They settled on the door and continued to watch the three as they made music to their hearts content.

"We got, we got the life unbelievable
Sleep when we're dead
Live like we're invincible
Ohh
We're young and relentless
Get up, get out your mind 'cause you never know
No way to hit rewind once your eyes close
Ohh
We're young and relentless." Airee's voice was full of emotion as she sang.

When Adrian strummed the last chord,ONE OK ROCK and 5SOS gave them a loud applause.

"Wow, that was awesome, man!" Tomoya ran towards his twin brother and ruffled his hair.

"Is that going on the new EP?" Taka asked Airee and she nodded with a grin.

"Wow, I love it, can't wait to record it!" Adrian fist-bumped the air.

"We still have a few adjustments to make, Aid." Airee said before grabbing her notebook and pen.

Adrian groaned. "But it sounded perfect!"

Airee shook her head and flashed a smile to the 5SOS lads but her eyes avoided Calum's gaze.

"I'm sorry about the wait, I bet you guys are hungry. These guys are making a big deal out of everything." She laughed.

"No, it's fine. It's an honor for us to hear that song raw." Luke replied.

"Thank you." She said to Luke before turning around and hitting the door with her notebook, grabbing everyone's attention. "Race you to the dining table!" She said, particularly to Adrian and Ritsu, before taking off.

"Hey, that's cheating!" Adrian said, as he and Ritsu followed her. They could only hear Airee's laugh echo through the halls as a response.

The rest of the lads laughed at their actions.

"They're lively." Ashton commented.

"They always do this." Ryota responded. "They're a bunch of kids in an adult's body."

Taka, Toru and Tomoya nodded in response.

"Let's go eat breakfast. The food is getting cold." Tomoya said and they all exited the rehearsal room.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Airee was acting normal, even when Calum was around. But Calum was just being awkward. He was always silent when they all hung out, only speaking when he was asked a question or when necessary.

"Airee, let's play the song again,please." Ritsu begged for what seemed the nth time and Airee should be annoyed but she's not because she's actually happy that Ritsu is excited for this song just as much as she is.

"He's right, Ai. That way, we can make the necessary adjustments that you mentioned earlier even though the song is already perfect." Adrian rolled his eyes playfully.

"Oh shut up, Aid. I have a lot of things planned for this song and I need all the help you two could possibly offer me." Airee laughed.

All of them were currently inside the Entertainment room, they were taking turns on playing different games and right now, they're playing Mario Kart. Whoever loses will have to give the controller to someone else, and right now, Michael is in the winning streak and is currently battling with Calum.

"Fuck!" All heads turned to Michael as soon as he cursed.

Looks like his winning streak is over.This sent everyone in fits of laughter as Calum put both of his hands up in victory.

"Okay, who's next?" Michael said,holding up the controller.

The lads fought over the controller while Airee just shook her head at their childishness.

"Hey, I'm gonna go back to my room now, you guys stink!" Airee teased before standing up and heading for the door.

"Shut up!" Ritsu said before throwing a pillow at Airee's direction but she caught it and threw itat the back of Adrian's head instead.

"Hey!" Adrian glared at her and she shrugged. "Ritsu started it!"

And she exited the room faster than she ever did before, chuckling when a pillow fight started to take place from inside. She decided to go to the kitchen first to grab a cup of pudding a glass water before heading back to her room and watch some anime.

---------------

I'm sorry i wasn't able to update for several days, i've been busy with packing and stuff because i'm back in my hometown for the holiday season! :D

anyway, here's an update for you guys. i hope you enjoyed it!

since it's Christmas eve, two other chapters awaits you after this, go on and read it! :D

this chapter is dedicated to @appreciatecake thank you for the support!