IV - Brackets

Chapter 4 – Brackets

Calum played the last note on his bass before removing his bass guitar from around him and putting it on the stand and collapsing on the smooth furnished floor of their rehearsal room.

"What's wrong, Cal?" Luke asked, before sitting beside him and offering him a bottled water. (A/N: CAKE AF)

Calum just sighed before sitting up, taking the bottle from Luke's hand and muttering a small "it's nothing" then taking he gulps of the water.

"It's clearly not nothing. What's wrong?" Luke asked again.

"Nothing. I'm just overthinking things." Calum replied with a soft smile on his face.

He knew his answer wasn't enough for Luke to completely leave him alone and he was thankful that Luke didn't push the matter further. They sat there in silence until Ashton played a song from his phone.

"Is that SOARA?" Luke asked.

"Yep." Ashton replied.

Comeback Kid by SOARA started playing and Ashton and Michael kinda know the lyrics to some parts of the song which earned a laugh from Calum and Luke.

"You guys are obsessed." Calum commented, shaking his head and taking a sip from his water bottle again.

"Hey, I gotta admit they're good. Probably the reason why Taka signed them, right?" Luke asked.

"Probably."

"I wanna know the lyrics to their songs so I can sing along with the fans during the tour." Ashton said in between his singing while waving both of his hands in the air. Michael doing the same but his hands are playing the drums in the air.

"I'm gonna be a comeback kid and I want to find the words I need to say. Yeah, I'm gonna survive with my head held high and finally walk away..." The other half continued to sing while the other half just listened to them, amazed that they're actually singing the lyrics right.

"I'm gonna go take a shower now." Calum called out, catching the attention of his bandmates.

"Kay!" Was all he heard before he stepped out of the rehearsal room and walked upstairs to his and Luke's room.

As soon as Luke knew Calum was out of earshot, Luke finally asked, "What's wrong with Calum?"

"I think he's just overthinking things." Michael shrugged.

"What's he worried about anyways?" Ashton asked.

Luke shrugged. He's not letting Calum go that easily, he's going to know the answer as to why Calum is not being himself to the point that he's forgetting the lyrcis that he himself wrote and messed up a few of his basslines especially Beside You and it surprised them because Calum never messes up his basslines unless he wants to or when he's playing around.

When Calum came out of their room after Luke called him for dinner, the three were in front of the TV as Ashton held the remote and a box of pizza each on Luke's and Michael's laps. When Luke saw Calum, he smiled at the dark-haired lad and patted the spot next to him, indictaing that he wanted him to seat next to him. (A/N: I'm so sorry but I'm CAKE AF!)

"So, what are we watching?" Calum asked, grabbing a slice of pizza from the box on Luke's lap.

"We're going to have a SOARA Video Marathon!!" Ashton replied and Michael cheered.

"You guys are such fanboys." Calum shook his head, amused at his bandmates' actions, which earned a laugh from Luke.

"Let's start with Something You Need, I think it was their first music video." Ashton selected the siad video and the screen showed the three of them.