Chapter 21: Pain

Y/N's POV

"What the..." I smell something, burning. "Hyunjin!" I hopped out of my bed and rushed over to the kitchen.

"I made breakf—"

I quickly pushed him aside without him finishing his sentence. I grabbed a new pan, getting some pancake batter and started cooking. "I'll do the cooking while you... do the washing."

He pouted, "I hate washing the dishes."

"You have to get used to it. I don't want eating burnt breakfast all day." I finished cooking and grabbed a plate placing the pancakes, setting it on the table.

'Ding dong', The doorbell rang.
"Who could it be?" He asked, eating the pancakes.
I sighed, heading to the door. "Probably Linda or Woojin."

I opened the door. And what I saw shocked me... "M-Mom?"

"Y/N?" She hugged me really tight.
I couldn't say a word. I just kept my mouth shut... I haven't seen her in a really long time.

"Honey.. You're beautiful.. You're all grown up.." She smiled, looking at me.
"M-Mom.." I felt my eyes getting teary. "Please...."

"What?"

"Leave.." I turned around, not facing her. "Just leave... I don't want to see you... Ever again..."

"I see..."

"Y/N who was it?" Hyunjin walked over to me seeing my mom.

"Y/N, is that a boy?" She asked, curiously.

"Hah?" I faced Hyunjin and then back at Mom as I wipe the tears away. "Oh! Uhhh... He's my study partner!"

"Oh... So he's not your boyfriend?"

"Nope! Not at all Mom!" I smiled nervously.

"It warms me up when you still call me 'Mom'." She smiled once again and turned around, facing the road. "I guess I'll be leaving now. Goodbye." And then she just.. left.

"Woah, Y/N you okay?"

I closed the door. I faced down as tears rolled down my cheeks. "I'm... fine..." I sobbed, crying.

I hate seeing her.. I hate it I hate it I hate it!

Then suddenly, I felt a warm hug from Hyunjin. "I know it's hard.." He hugged me tight. "So Don't cry... You look ugly."

"Youch!" He backed off looking all weird, when I kicked him. "Geez, I was kidding!"

"Pffft.." I bursted out laughing.

Hyunjin's POV

She kicked me in the— and I backed off. "Youch!" I glared at her.
But all she did was that she bursted out laughing.

It's nice seeing her smile again...
My heart beats faster everytime...

Mom's POV

"How's our daughter?"

I sipped my coffee. "Strong as ever.. And I think she has a boyfriend."

"A what!?"